what is a girl to wear?

I am attending a wedding mid September and I am clueless as to what to wear. It is in Minnesota, so it could be either cold or warm, hard to say. The wedding is going to be on a beach at a resort, so it is somewhat casual. I am thinking about layers, but after that, I have no idea. Any suggestions? I am clueless here!

2. # ADS

i went to a wedding in Minnesota last September and was surprised at how warm it was in the daytime, though chilly at night.

i wore a dressy tie-front crop sweater over my dress that worked out really well-- they sell them everywhere lately, it seems! mine was long-sleeved, a spider-webby knit in a fuzzy mohair yarn that was warm and also dressy. i got it in the TBD section of Nordstrom and I"ve seen similar things there since...

I'd definitely get yourself one of those sweaters mentioned. The beach, every beach I've ever been to, has been windy to breezy, and always somewhat cold. I mean, obviously that depends on what time the wedding is at. But if it's anywhere after noon, take the sweater.
    I'd wear a summery dress that looks nice, and flip flops. or nice flats. stay away from any shoes that are hard to take on and off, that have laces, and that are high heeled.
    They'll either twist your ankle in the sand, or get full of sand. It's easier to just take the shoes off and walk to where you have to go, then put them back on.
    I think that those handkerchief hem dresses are really pretty. Look for light floaty airy fabrics.
    I'd even take one of those nice chinese paper parasols in case the sun is really hot. Don't forget sunblock either! We all got sunburned at my friends wedding, because it was outdoors by the ocean. So all the bridesmaids are lobster red colored in all the wedding photos.

It is tough because the reception is a fire, no dance. It will probably be pretty cool. Maybe I will bring something to change into for the "receptions." I am way behind. I don't even have a dress right now! My typical wedding attire does not seem to fit this wedding. All of my other dresses are vintage, and don't really fit the wedding, either! Ack! It is so stressful!

The prairie can get very hot, I'm not sure where you live now but plan for typical September weather - cool in the evening (bring a shawl or sweater) and hot during the day. Personally I don't find the humidity as bad here as out East, but it does get very hot in the middle of the day.

If I were to plan to dress for a wedding here in Wisconsin in September I would wear a sleeveless dress with a shawl.

If it's on the beach - wear flats!

I would wear a flowy pantsuit with a silk scarf that can double as a shawl if you get chilly.

Why not a vintage dress and a cardigan with 3/4 sleeves? (Or regular sleeves)

Either a short 50's-ish one or something long and straight.

If they're having an outdoor wedding with a fire they probably are expecting informal ... I would wear a flowy tunic style top over matching pants, flat comfortable sandals, and I would throw a warm wool wrap and socks/closed toe warm shoes in the car for later in the evening.

del

Remove Ads

Ads