Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

More Katrina news...

Haven't seen this one in the American media yet,

DOCTORS working in hurricane-ravaged New Orleans killed critically ill patients rather than leave them to die in agony as they evacuated.

http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/st...001022,00.html

2. # ADS

woh. that is so intense.

I had only heard that at least 150 died when the power went off just due to lack of life support.

The horror just keeps coming.

I wonder if this was a private hospital or one that serves a more indigent population.

45 Bodies Are Found in a New Orleans Hospital - from today's New York Times - not sure if its the same hospital the authorities are being pretty hush hush about it.

info like this is really painful for me to read. i really feel like we have failed as a country to let something like this happen to the severe degree that it has.

It's a little unclear and could be misleading. I saw this on the news, and they weren't very clear about it and didn't explain further. I think it was on CNN...I've been flipping through all three cable news stations I forget which one it was.

Parts of the article make you think she injected them with enough morphine to kill them, others make it seem she injected them with enough to make them sleep/make pain go away and during that time they would've died. Even though she felt horribly for "killing" them, that doesn't mean she injected them with enough morphine to kill them. It could be interpreted that she let them die, or couldn't save them. I don't know.

It's still sad, and I definitely agree with her decision. I can't believe how hard it would be. What else are you supposed to do?

i'd like to write the doctor a letter and tell her i think she made the right choice. it's horrifying to kill people, but it's worse to let them slowly suffer until they die in unspeakable pain.

Quote Originally Posted by stella
    i'd like to write the doctor a letter and tell her i think she made the right choice.
    I think you just did.

Saw this story today: Owners of Nursing Home Charged in Deaths of 34

I tried to write something about this, but I am so overwhelmed with images of my grandmother when she died, and how incapable she would have been to help herself, or even to ask for help, that I don't even know how to begin to express the grief and sadness and helplessness and anger I feel as I read this. My mind is invaded with images of her drowning, and having no hope of surviving or getting out, as if she had been a hurricane victim, because that's what it must have been for those people. It's awful beyond imagination.

I don't want to stop reading about it, becuase I think it's important for me to know what happened. But, sometimes I wonder if I can take it.

del

Quote Originally Posted by delqc
    the headline i saw (for the same story) was "NURSING HOME KILLERS". yikes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads