Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: LOST again

Quote Originally Posted by brdgt
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenHasAWhip
    Also, there's a theory that the island is Purgatory and once a character comes to terms with him or herself, they actually get to die.
    JJ has categorically said that the island is NOT purgatory.
    I don't know if I believe everything the writers say tho'. However, I do think it would be infinitely more interesting if it really is an island that is really in the South Pacific (or wherever) and that these events are really occuring and not just in somebody's head. (They've also said that they're absolutely not zombies but I'm not sure if they've ruled out that the island is just playing out in somebody's head, like the movie Identity.)

2. # ADS

Some fun finds from last night's episode ("?")

FYI: Free and Legal streaming of many ABC shows, including Lost are available here:
    http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing

My question - with the logs from "Pearl" will Locke be able to tell if Henry really did press the button?

i hadn't considered that, but it's likely to be in the storyline, otherwise we wouldn't have seen the printout text. hmmm, maybe it will be some other command line that's logged instead.

I'm also wondering about the significance of Eco's brother. I thought Locke was going to find himself paralyzed again.

It makes my head spin...

Word on the Lost Season Finale
    Source: Newsweek, May 15, 2006

"We are going to tell you why the plane crashed," Lost executive producer Carlton Cuse tells Newsweek of the season finale. "We're going to explain what happens if you don't push the button. And we're going to resolve the Michael-and-Walt story." Just as last year's finale expanded our scope of the island's boundaries, this year's will expand its relevance, writes the magazine in an interview with the cast of the ABC hit drama....

...Fans are warned not to try to connect every plotlet. "We never promised that there would be a unified-field theory of 'Lost'," says Damon Lindelof, who created the show with J.J. Abrams (Mission: Impossible III, Alias). "You'll get many small answers along the way, and ultimately you will understand this island, but all those answers might not necessarily be reduced to a simple one- sentence explanation."

I have so many questions from the season finale!! I think I'm going to have to do some hunting online. We taped it and watched it last night and so many things are bouncing around in my brain now.

Like -

*When Desmond turned the key in the hatch - are we to assume that whatever it was that that caused is something that was fatal to him?
    *Is Hurley really going to head back?
    *What did Sayid find?
    *Were those guys at the end calling Penny to tell her they found Desmond, or is she involved with the Dharma Initiative somehow?
    *Is the island supposed to be a sort of Bermuda Triangle type thing?
    *Do we know for sure that Kelvin (sp?) died after Desmond struck his head against the rock?
    *Was the guy nicknamed Henry Gale giving Michael instructions on how to leave the island altogether, or are they just going to another part of the island?
    *Is Henry Gale the leader of the Others? Are they really "good guys" like he claims? Why do they want Sawyer, Kate and Jack?
    *What did Henry Gale mean when he said that they got more than they bargained for when they took Walt - is it a reference to his apparent supernatural abilities and is that why Shannon could see him?

God I'm such a :Lost: geek.

My favorite symbolism of the season: Desmond=Odysseus (sailed around the world. Trying to get back to Penelope/Persephone)

Some great things I've seen people pick up about the episode:
    +Widmore (Penelope's father) owns Widmore construction, mentioned many times on Lost in connection with Hanso: http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Widmore
    +Desmond's last name = Hume (another Philosopher, we already have Locke and Rousseau)
    +Kelvin=Sayid's American Captor

Lots of "Other" stuff here:
    http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Live_T...r%2C_Die_Alone

And FYI: ABC is offering free streaming of their popular shows, including Lost through June: http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Remove Ads

Ads