Thread: Job Advice

Job Advice

I recently accepted a new position in a social service agency. I decided to work part-time as the agency is new and does not seem secure. My social work supervisor referred me to the agency. Well, my first check bounced from the agency. I was told that this was unusual. Anyway, the manager of the agency told me to come in first thing this morning so that he could give me a new check. I stopped in at 9:30am, no one was there. He called & asked me to come back at around noon. Well, I am working a full-time job, as well, and do not have time for this bull#&($. There are other issues with this job, i.e., they are unorganized, do not have good communication, ect. Anyway, at the part time job, I am basically a big sister to a teenager. We have not built rapport, yet, so I do not feel too bad about quitting. However, it is uncomfortable as my social work sup is monetarily invested into this company and I do not know how to gracefully quit. Any advice?

2. # ADS

I would tell your social work supervisor exactly what has happened. Since she was the connection for you, get her advice.

Quote Originally Posted by mele
    I would tell your social work supervisor exactly what has happened. Since she was the connection for you, get her advice.
    exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by mele
    exactly.

Remove Ads

Ads