Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    You know what I would love to see on Crafty TV? Renegade Crafts! I love watching craft shows for the techniques, and the occasional out of this world craft. Buuuuuuuttttt, it's rare I see something created on TV that I'm in love with. Like, I Love Carol Duvall, hate the ugly, cutesy, typical craft style she presents most of the time. You know, stuff like this.....

I want to see how to make Damned Dollies. And Stitch and Bitch creations. And reconstructed clothes. Altered books taken to the next level.

Basically, I want Get Crafty on TV.

Sigh, but, I guess if it's on TV, it's somehow mainstreamed, and then it's not renegade, and can lose it's political message. You know, it can become such a fad that it loses it's focus on re-defining creativity and domesticity. Then again, it might be great to get all craftistas thinking of their art in a feminist or political light.

Does DIY have a show like this? HGTV, TLC, and PBS sure don't, although PBS will occasionally present some cool American Folk Art, with lots of history and interviews with contemporary blacksmiths, woodworkers and such. Craft Corner DeathMatch is the closest thing that I've seen, on Style TV, but man, that host is just so annoying. What was he like in person, Jean? I mean, that has got to be just a bad act, no one is that over the top, right? And yeah, it's fun to watch, but there isn't a how-to, there's no featured artist.....it's just not it. 5000 channels, and there's nothing good on TV. ;)

*edited*: to remove one of the pics, TMI.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by athena
    Did anybody else watch Home Made MOdern with Todd Oldham last night? It rocked!
    Yes! If all of the episodes are this good I might have a new favorite craft show. (Crafters Coast to Coast--or whatever it's calling itself these days--is still number one even with all the cheesy stuff they make the crafters do.)

I saw the Hand Made Modern book at the store, I still need to get to the library so I can get it though, I keep forgetting. I didn't know there was a show, is it on HGTV? Hopefully not DIY, we don't get that here :( It's probably on our digital cable, but we can't afford that anymore

I'm with ya, alteredtome: renegade crafts. I'd like to see a series on art quilts and other fabric weirdness. I just can't get into Crafters Coast to Coast. It's too much a performance, maybe? I dunno.

make jewerly is cool so is knitty gritty even though i dont ...knit...

cc2c is cool .. but the goofyness is so lame sometimes...

Craft Corner DeathMatch was cool i dont have style network it didnt come with the dish package my mom picked ... :)

I'm going to DVR every episode of the Todd Oldham show on my sisters tv set and cook her dinner at least once a week so I can watch it. Just watched him build an ottoman with Joan Jett - great balance between explaining the project and having a conversation with Joan about playing guitar and being a rockstar. *sigh* huge crush on Todd.

i am LOVING the todd oldham show too! wanna hear something dorky: i wrote a letter to HGTV last night telling them as much so they'll keep making new episodes. tonight's the episode with amy sedaris, and i am so excited!!! :)

i also really liked the brini maxwell show on the style network. there's a dvd out apparently; i need to netflix it. but she did crafts, and the whole show had a cute mod 60's feel to it! (plus she had GORGEOUS vintage clothing, sigh!)

also, i know it's cornball, but i like craft corner deathmatch! *BLUSH* i love the deadpan lady who wheels out the materials, and i love the icy-steel craftwoman who always does the last challenge. it makes me laugh!

I loved Craft-Corner Deathmatch (I'm not even sure if it is still on), it was cheesy as can be, and most of the stuff they made was pretty dumb, but I couldn't help myself, I had to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by copacetic
    i am LOVING the todd oldham show too! wanna hear something dorky: i wrote a letter to HGTV last night telling them as much so they'll keep making new episodes. tonight's the episode with amy sedaris, and i am so excited!!! :)
    I should do the same because when I looked on the web site and saw it was a 5-part series, I was bummed it was so short. Was it just to support his book? Anyone picked up the book?

I really like getting ideas and learning new stuff from DIY Jewelrymaking, but while yes, it's super cool seeing a bigger gal hosting, I can't stand the way it seems like SHE'S ALWAYS YELLING. Her overuse of "stunning" gets to me too. I haven't seen it on in a while, was it cancelled? The only DIY hostess that doesn't make me cringe in pain is Ms. Knitty Gritty. Handmade Modern was pretty cool, as well as another show I caught the other night. I can't remember the name of the show, but it looked like industrial design students building stuff.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads