Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

favorite craft, DIY show?

i like clean house. the host is so sassy. i had to cancel cable (i was watching way too much tv) but when i had it, i would stop whatever i was doing and tune in. i also LOVE 30 minute meals, much to the chagrin of ALL my friends, who see rachel ray as a bit too betty crocker for their tastes. the only other person who loves her is my son sydney, 2yo. he says, "mama, can we watch the cooking show?"

2. # ADS

I love 30 MINUTE MEALS, and so does my 10 year old daughter. Yeah, Rachel is a little too giggly sometimes, but she's fun to watch. I don't watch much on DIY anymore, though. Most of the stuff on that channel is gardening and home improvement, at least during the times I can actually sit down and watch a show (usually after 10 pm or in the afternoon on weekends). The crafty shows all seem to be on when I'm at work!

I do like UNWRAPPED and the show with the guy who travels around the country sampling all sorts of weird foods and festivals. The episode when he ate Rocky Mountain Oysters was priceless!

Patty

We don't have cable anymore either but when we did I loved How Clean is Your House. It might not be totally DIY but I love the rubber gloves with the funky trim and how they call people dirty dirty girls. I need to make a pair of those gloves...

Sans cable, I like Ask This Old House because I actually learn something useful. They walk through common problems step by step and the projects are affordable. (not like the 5 million rehabs on the regular TOH)

I have HGTV on just about all day while I'm working at home. I love Carol Duval show, I watch it just about morning.
    I also love Rachel Ray. My husband are thinking of making t-shirts with "WWRRD?" (what would Rachel Ray do?) on them. Whenever I'm trying something new and I'm trying to figure it out, he says WWRRD? lol.
    My nephew (4 yrs. old) loves it too! Whenever the show comes on, he plops down on the floor in front of the TV and yells "Mom, Rachel Rays on!!". very cute!

I don't catch the cooking shows very often. Once I was watching some kind of Chef's competition where they had to create something w/ chocolate. The stuff they made were absolutley incredible, and I was literally sitting there drooling, unable to stop and go do what I was supposed to be doing!
    I usually catch home improvement shows, though. I love getting ideas and they help me think outside of the box. TLC, mostly, but I'll watch stuff on the other channels too.
    I never seem to catch any crafts shows. I don't even know when they're on! I think if I watched them, I'd end up with even MORE stuff to do than is humanly possible. As it is, i've got plenty to keep me busy well into old age/

my favorites were 'what not to wear' and 'clean sweep.'
    but i've moved and we don't have cable here. but i watch FAR less tv now and it's really nice. especially since we don't have 24 hour nickelodeon and cartoon network....

Not so much DIY, but defintely crafty: Pimp My Ride. I love seeing all the creative things they do to those broken down old cars. My favorite transormation was when they redid a guy's van and covered the floor in the bakwith a shallow box that they filled with records and covered with resin. So cool.

I also like Jewelry Making and Knitty Gritty on DIY Network.

Alison

I like Martha Stewart. There's also this cute DIY, recycled craft show for kids on the Eskimo (Native Canadian?) channel. They have an ongoing project that's a neighborhood make out of recycled material like tissue boxes, toilet paper tubes and scraps of stuff. On the weekends, the channel features people teaching stuff like beading, moccasin making, basket and chair weaving and other ethnic crafts. Other than that, PBS is the only crafty channel I get. (Well, TLC, too and I like the home renovation shows)

Carol Duvall and Crafter's Coast to Coast, for sure. I wish HGTV had more crafting shows....I don't own a house, so all of the housing shows, well, they just make me jealous, so I tend to avoid them.

I LOVE Crafters Coast to Coast. In fact, a friend of mine was on that show with her pottery. I always get a new idea. Mission Organization and Jewelry Making are my other favorites. And every so often I catch a Carol Duvall show that interests me. However, when my husband is home it's History Channel all the way! (How many shows about WWII can a guy watch??)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads