Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I was on it for awhile, went off it to get rid of elevated blood pressure and moodiness. After I went off, the only things I really noticed were lower blood pressure and less moodiness.

Hurrah! Oh, and also - hurrah for condoms.

2. # ADS

for_esme,
    If you Google "The Pill libido" or some phrase like that, several sites will come up. It's a newer finding, and I think doctors in the UK published their work. It's a little alarming, but I have faith.
    We're just going to go with condoms and spermicidal goo and hope. I can't get pregnant yet-I have to save up sick days at work so I can work a mere 6 months instead of 9 (I teach). It's all about the school year!
    I look forward to the lack of moodiness!

I've gone off the pill before (because I was using it with Accutane and didn't need it for any other reason) and I'm not sure how helpful this is, but I don't remember having any bad side effects or anything weird happen that made me think "oh this must be from going off the pill" I was just relieved that I wasn't putting so many drugs into my body (the accutane being more worrisome for me than the pill)

I just went off Ortho Cyclen...I'm not really sure how I feel yet. but There is no boyfriend for me right now (he's in San Fran for school), so I figured I could take a break. If you stay on the pill for a long time be very sure to pop some calcium pills. The pill will reduce the strength of your bones unless you take extra calcium. I just learned that in my Sex and Gender class.

my going-off-it is the reason i'm never going to take the pill again. while i was on it i loved it but when i went off my cycles and breasts went nuts and i felt nauseous all the time and i didn't ovulate for nine months after. i'll stick with condoms.

my going-off-it is the reason i'm never going to take the pill again. while i was on it i loved it but when i went off my cycles and breasts went nuts and i felt nauseous all the time and i didn't ovulate for nine months after. i'll stick with condoms.

I'm going off the pill soon mostly because I can't afford to buy new but I'm also suffering really bad from PMS and even if I doubt this would help it could always be good trying. I was having bad PMS before I started taking them too, so I have no idea if it'll help! Have anyone had the same problems?

i'm about to go off ortho-tricyclen, i think. my last row of pills is this week... then my prescription is done. my boyfriend's supportive but i need encouragement.

i'm worried mostly about accidentally getting pregnant afterwards, and about any mood swings, etc that may occur while my body's getting used to not having the hormones.

what originally started this venture was that i thought the ortho-tricyclen had decreased my libido over the 7 years i've been on it. the past couple of weeks the libido's gotten better, but i wonder if it'll improve greatly after the pill is out of my system. other posts i've seen on women's health msg boards point to 'yes'.

i guess i'll have to see... wish me luck!

Though this thread is old, there are many people who face the same issue every day. As for the side effects and going off, I think, it is better to address your doctor. If you don't have such an opportunity, of course, you can read the description online. Usually I use Canada Pharmacy in order to find out the detailed information about meds I'm going to take. But I think, the most important thing in your case is support. It is great if your family and friends can help you to go through it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads