Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I remember seeing posts here and on Glitter from someone at HGTV giving out info about appearing on Crafters Coast to Coast - some people did try to get on the show and if I'm remembering correctly, ran into issues like location (they would only shoot in a city if they had x number of crafters).

Screen Door Entertainment, which does Knitty Gritty, has a couple of new shows coming up for next season - info here on how to contact them if you are interested in being a guest. Also: info on Knitty Gritty - appearing as a guest or a knitster. Because this is a small production company, they won't be covering your expenses (another possible reason why we don't see more of the Getcrafty/Glitter people on these shows).

2. # ADS

so they changed the name of show i have dish here out in cali.. and its on at 4:30am .. thats just nuts are they going to do any new shows ? the reason i didnt apply was cause of the "goofy" stuff.. you guys are right then tend to spend alot of time on the goofy stuff then the craft it self..

I can't watch that show when other people are in the house because the stupid things they make people do are so embarrassing. If I feel embarrassed watching them make fools out of themselves, I can only imagine what it's like for them.

Since they changed the name it does seem like they have new episodes (unless I just missed them the first time around--but that's unlikely since I have Tivo and I'm a total junkie for that show).

So that's good, at least.

Kittensrme, I know what you mean about being embarrassed for people on the show. I feel the same way. It's almost painful.

But in spite of that I can't help loving the show. Every time I watch it I think of new projects I want to try.

Quote Originally Posted by redhairedwonder
    My former employer was on when it was Crafters Coast to Coast, and they made her do goofy stuff ("raising the roof", wearing a huge cowboy hat, etc.) and edited the hell out of it to make her look like a total loon. She was proud to be featured but so embarrassed at how they portrayed her.
    Did she make a purse out of painted leather? If so I saw that one, and thought "cool stuff, but she's crazy." I'm relieved and sorry they made her appear that way.

I guess that's just reality TV.

Quote Originally Posted by revafisheye
    Did she make a purse out of painted leather? If so I saw that one, and thought "cool stuff, but she's crazy." I'm relieved and sorry they made her appear that way.
    No, she made a wire ring and a garden journal.

I've seen other episodes where I had to remind myself of what they did to her, because otherwise I would think the people were insane.

Ya.. Emilie Autumn was on there too, and they basically made her dress differently, and redye her hair to a more tame color. Which sucks.
    She posted about her experiences here:

http://forum.emilieautumn.com/viewtopic.php?t=438

The show when I watched it, was nothing like I expected. It was all campy and cheesy, and they made people do really stupid things. I wish they wouldn't have done that. Why not just show people normally, instead of making all crafters look like they're really loony.

Quote Originally Posted by sarabell
    Quote Originally Posted by Selah
    Quote Originally Posted by sarabell
    i think one of our craftistas here should start a show using us as a focus group.
    Yeah Sarabell, and we could get PAID!!! I wish.
    there's got to be somebody around here with the means and the connections....
    I could shoot one on mini DV. I travel all the time anyway! :)

I'm going to be on That's Clever October 14th. And yeah they made me do some wacky stuff, but all and all I had a good time and just went with it! They also made me change my outfit because I clashed with the table cloth! lol

Quote Originally Posted by neesypea
    They also made me change my outfit because I clashed with the table cloth! lol
    We cant clash with the table cloth but are expected to be loony.

I like this show in theory but its too bad they have to revert to cheesey antics to loor viewers in.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads