Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    smallfry - I saw your episode...
    You were done early on I think? When they were still making people look *really* goofy? (I'm remembering you jumping around and running around in your loft a lot and thinking - that can't be for real.) I feel so bad for you that they made you be not *you*.

I still thought you were cute, and so are your creatures.

2. # ADS

Thanks becca 13! Watching the show was a white knuckler ride! I'm really happy how it turned out. And it's funny how your friends and family can be both your staunchest supporters and harshest critics! My brothers all got a kick out of it while my 17 year old sister just kept saying "Carmen, you are so weird." But like anything - if it doesn't kill you, it'll make you stronger. :)

And becca 13, let me know if your sister needs tips on doing the resin on the mosaic. It's a really cool technique which gives you a gorgeous shine.

And smallfry! I saw your episode and I thought you were great! You had so much energy and your dolls are fabulous. You were adorable. It's the trampoline bouncing crafters that one needs to fear. :)

smokingmonkey and tanisflores--thanks so much for your kind words ;) i haven't had cable for the past 6 months so i haven't been able to watch HGTV anymore...it was "fun" watching other episodes of Crafters Coast to Coast and thinking, "Oh my god. They made me act the same freaking way...poor thing!" The weirdest thing was that my segment was hardly about the stuff I make...more like an opportunity for me to act like a complete mental case.

Quote Originally Posted by smallfry
    (in the end, the producers won, of course. funny what you'll do when you've been worn down). i generated one sale from that appearance and some creepy emails. i look like a total freak, and i still have mixed feelings about that whole ordeal.
    I will second that sister! At first beyon the basic nervousness, I was determined to not do anything too stupid. Well, turns out as the time went by and my cheekbones were soar from smiling that the most stupid thing I did was my idea.

I am going to wait to disclose any of the horrid details of my wackyness, but my friends who know me will be shocked at my "cheerleader" temperment, bad jokes and stiff unnatural smile!

I have to say that it wasn't AS BAD as I expected. The producer and director were both very tired which was great for me, I don't think they pushed as hard to make me do as much stufff.

The camera guy and sound guy were totally rad, and the sound guy actually purchaced two pieces of my art as well as a Messenger Owl for his daughter!

I will let everyone know when it airs, please remember I'm not a jack ass, or at least that kind!

Quote Originally Posted by tanisflores
    OH MY GOD!

Well, it's my turn on the HGTV hotseat tomorrow! My episode of "That's Clever" airs tomorrow, Friday November 4th. I know how you felt Neesypea - I'm feeling excited but really really nervous. I'll be making a stained glass mosaic mirror and a gourd mask. I swore that I wouldn't act silly and over the top, but I seem to remember dancing around with a gourd on my head. It's blurs like that that made me stop drinking back in college. :) You were fabulous Neesypea! I don't knit (yet) but with needles like that I'd be truly inspired! Wish me luck. AGHHHH!!
    I saw you! You did great, I loved the bird mask! :)

Quote Originally Posted by smallfry
    hope things went well with your HGTV episode!! i will never live it down...my friends were like, "what the HELL was WRONG with you?" i made a total ass of myself but there was pretty much no way around it--producers getting mad because i wouldn't spit out these corny lines or act like a 6-grade crack addict (in the end, the producers won, of course. funny what you'll do when you've been worn down). i generated one sale from that appearance and some creepy emails. i look like a total freak, and i still have mixed feelings about that whole ordeal.
    Are you kidding? You were adorable!! I loved how they did your segment and how you "erased" your self! :D

CROQ Zine is doing a story on this show (and its portrayal of crafters, etc.) for our next issue, and we still need a couple people who are willing to be interviewed for the story. So if you are at all interested in being interviewed and you have had your show taping already (doesn't have to have aired already), let me know! Our zine has a circ of at least 300.

Please contact me ASAP if you are interested! PM me or email me at yardenxanthe AT yahoo d0t com.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads

Ads