Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

What's Up with Crafters Coast to Coast?

Does anyone know why they changed their name to "That's Clever"? I think That's Odd.

I'd like the show, whatever it's called, much better if they didn't make the people do corny things.

2. # ADS

Hey, I just noticed this too. Weird...

I agree that the goofy stuff is just too corny. My husband asked if they are trying to show that crafters are goofy.

huh? who? wha? According to my DVR schedule (comcast of union, nj), it went from every day at noon and 5pm to 7:30am. i figured they stopped producing shows (which makes me sad) and wanted to make space for new stuff. what time is "that's clever" (a stupid name) on?

Quote Originally Posted by girlsavage
    I agree that the goofy stuff is just too corny. My husband asked if they are trying to show that crafters are goofy.
    Yes they do. My former employer was on when it was Crafters Coast to Coast, and they made her do goofy stuff ("raising the roof", wearing a huge cowboy hat, etc.) and edited the hell out of it to make her look like a total loon. She was proud to be featured but so embarrassed at how they portrayed her.

I watch the show occasionally, because they do have some neat stuff to show. The presentation is annoying, though. The goofball antics - gag. Spend that time showing me more of the process, finished items, etc. I don't need stupid little clips to show me how FUN crafting is, and I sure as heck don't dance around my workspace (I'd probably trip over the cat and break the sewing machine). The host is never shown interacting with the guests, and I think she'd be much better suited to a show focused on modern, upscale gardens or genteel antiquing - I can see her trying to be perky and upbeat, but it's just not in her nature. That woman is soignee and elegant and deserves better.

I didn't really like the first name, coast to coast always bothers me for some reason. But, i have to say..."That's Clever" is worse.

I hate the dancing around and all that too, I tend to shut that out of my mind when i see it so I actually forgot about that part.

The host really is too distant too, I always thought that. What's the point of a host at all then? Maybe they need Niecy Nash ;)

i think one of our craftistas here should start a show using us as a focus group.

Quote Originally Posted by sarabell
    i think one of our craftistas here should start a show using us as a focus group.
    Yeah Sarabell, and we could get PAID!!! I wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Selah
    Quote Originally Posted by sarabell
    Yeah Sarabell, and we could get PAID!!! I wish.
    there's got to be somebody around here with the means and the connections....

Maybe they wanted to name the show That's Corny and somehow it was confused with that's clever?!

Looking at hgtv.com the schedule shows That's Clever as being on at 12pm and 5pm and Crafters coast to coast at 7:30am. I couldn't tell you if the morning episodes are from last season or not.

I'm actually surprised at some of the people/crafts they showcase on that show and that more of the craftistas haven't been on that show (or maybe they have and I missed seeing the heads up on it!)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads