Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

crafting activism, a research paper

Hello craftistas,

As some of you know, I am currently taking a women’s studies course. For that course I am required to write a research paper. I have chosen as a topic for that paper to be “Crafting Activism.” I would like to explore issues around how for many of us, crafting is a tool we use to celebrate women and their work, but also as a form of activism for women’s rights, and as a celebration/confirmation of feminist ideology.

Many of our discussions here have touched on these topics. If you grant your permission, I would like to quote some posts from our discussions and use in my paper. I would also perhaps (if time permits and if you are interested) to interview some of you via instant messaging, and also perhaps conduct a group “discussion” over instant messaging. If I am able to organize such a discussion, I would like to document the entire discussion and make it available as an appendix to my paper.

If you would like to participate, please post on this thread, private message me, or e-mail me at craftyclub@hotmail.com with your permission, and an indication of whether or not you would like me to link your comments with you online name, a pseudonym, or your real name, as well as an indication as to if you would agree for me to contact you by private messaging to potentially participate in an interview or group instant messaging discussion.

Please note that I will only quote craftistas who have explicitly given me permission to do so, and I will not quote from private messages I have received, only from posts made on the forums. I will be happy to make the final draft of my paper available to any participants who ask for it. Also, please note that if you do decide to participate, you can change your mind at any time, up until I submit my paper at the end of the semester. Just private message me or e-mail me at craftyclub@hotmail.com and I will remove your quotes from my work, no questions asked.

If you have any questions about my paper, this project, or anything, please post here, private message me, or e-mail me at craftyclub@hotmail.com, and I will be happy to answer as best I can.

Thanks to all for reading my post,

del

2. # ADS

i'd be happy to participate - let me know what i can do.

I'll be happy to help. Just let me know what you need. You can use my real name or what ever you want. michelle at amanelle dot com

Thanks guys!

Get in touch with Hodge here. And maybe Mirz. I know Hodge definitely did some research on these boards and OG. But maybe instead of Mirz it was another European with an M name. If we don't purge threads here, maybe search on Hodge to find all likely sounding posts and make more connections through there.

Thanks lizzymahoney - board memory is a precious thing!

Quixotic was writing a thesis for her M.A. about something like this, I think, too.

Hi soapand water,

yup, I think quixotic's website is craftivism.com .... similar ideas. I'm doing a much less broad analysis than a thesis! I want to look at how individual people feel about their craft as a personal act - :)

del

Anything to help, just let me know.

I realize that I'm still a bit of a newbie on these forums, but please do let me know what I can do to help you out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads