Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Registering to Vote- Just FYI

Hi there,

I'm kind of obsessed with getting people to vote in the election this fall, so I just wanted to provide this link for people to use as a resource for registration information: The League of Women Voters at http://www.lwv.org/voter/register.cfm. I didn't know that you could, for all intents and purposes, register to vote online. I found out after MA elected Mitt Romney...

Yay voters!

2. # ADS

That reminds me, I need to change the address on my voter registration. Everyone needs to go out and vote, even if it's not for who I want to win.

Yes everyone make sure your info is current - I verified my address with city hall recently because I've moved several times in the past few years and I don't want any last minute 'no you can't vote here!' surprises. It's a good thing I did, because they had it all wrong.

how do you change your addy? I think I might be registered twice at my old addy (only voted once, but would receive notices and stuff twice, registered at dmv and in front of home depot). I'm afraid if i register again it might cause issues, can you change your addy on that site?
    jt

You can change your address on the voter registration site, but you have to mail in a signature page. The back of your old registration card may have a place for you to change the address and mail it in.

thanks i think i kept it i just have to go dig it out :)
    jt

In states where you have to declare your party (Democrat etc.) you can register at their headquarters also.

Just wanted to bump this because it's really important for everyone to vote.

I am heading to City Hall to update my info tomorrow at lunch. Can you believe how many people out there that don't vote? I am working on getting my friend to register, her roomie said she wouldn't talk to her anymore if she didn't register...

What kills me is that no one votes for the president, but everyone and their grandmother was voting for American Idol. Even my parents voted for American Idol (they voted in the election too). There is something seriously wrong with America when people care more about who will be the next American Idol than who is going to do a little thing like run the country.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads