Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Inspiring Movies

I'm going through a bit of a hard time right now. A breakup that I thought was amicable turned bad! ech.
    Anyway, do any of you guys have suggestions for uplight movies. I always love movies about someone coming out of bad situation even stronger than before.

I saw elizabethtown last night and it was really good and along these lines. I like movies like Sliding Doors and Ruby in Paradise. They are also along these lines.

Thanks for any suggestions!

2. # ADS

I always like RealityBites and Almsot Famous for times like that.

Movies can be so therapeutic. Best wishes to you...

I was inspired by Erin Brokovich. Especially as it's a true story, afterwards I was in awe that one woman was able to accomplish so much - and to find such strength and gumption.

North Country (in movie theatres now) is an incredibly uplifting, empowering movei...also inspired by true events.

Me and You and Everyone We Know has to be one of the best feel-good movies I've ever seen. And it's a little fun-weird, to boot! Yay for Miranda July!

I usually don't like movies like this at all but I enjoyed 13 Going on 30, it was cute and had a happy ending. My typical strategy for a distracting movie is to find one is which one of my "movie boyfriends" spends half of the film with his shirt off - otherwise, I never would have seen Blade Trinity!

My favorites for down times are The Sweetest Thing, Down With Love and strangly enough The Jerk.

How about Under the Tuscan Sun? Super cheesy but pretty and about moving to Italy after a bad break-up. Or what about Enchanted April (I'm on an Italy kick)? Oh! And how about Mumford (I think my favorite movie of ALL TIME), or The Love Letter (tale of love in a seaside town with Kate Capshaw as heroine)-- both about people changing their lives. I'll try to think of some more, but those are good ones to start with.

You didn't ask about books, but The Ordinary Princess by MM Kaye is a quick read and really cheery (it'll be in the kids section), as is I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith-- both uplifting "independant girl" stories with nice atmosphere.

Bellepoque said

How about Under the Tuscan Sun? Super cheesy but pretty and about moving to Italy after a bad break-up.

I was going to suggest that one too. It is pretty Hollywoodish and cliche but is a perfect 'breakup movie' and I really liked it. One of my best Valentines Days was holed up in my room, away from my kids and boyfriend, savoring my box of Godiva that he gave me watching that movie. Bull Durham is also a good 'true love is worth waiting for' movie.

I'll try to think of more.....drawing a blank.

I thought Sliding Doors was a great movie! I highly recommend it. A Very Long Engagement is also a great movie. Oh, and don't forget Amelie.
    Sorry to hear about your breakup. Take care of yourself!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads