Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Before I moved to Mexico, I went out and bought several books to learn spanish. My budget was limited, so I couldn't afford the whole CD course, etc. The best series of books I found was "Teach Yourself..." Small books that you can find with a cd or without. Well laid out, great cultural tidbits, etc. For me, they were the most useful.

But you also want to be able to hear it. The subtitles are a GREAT idea, either watching in english with spanish subtitles or vice-versa.

There are also lots of podcasts now for language learning and podcasts in different languages. I haven't really listened to any of the learning tools, but they're free so you can check 'em out. And if you can find programs in Spanish or Italian, it's always worthwhile to listen to them even if you don't understand what's going on. You'll absorb the way the language should sound, if nothing else. And music!! Listen to popular music in the language you are learning (you can often find the lyrics online and frequently a translation. Tiziano Ferro's last two albums are both great and he's released them in Italian and Spanish. Eros Ramazzotti is another very popular Italian singer who has released several of his albums in Spanish and Italian.

Be fearless!

2. # ADS

I've heard alot of good things about the Rosetta Stone programs. You might want to see if your library has them if you don't want to purchase them.

This is a little off topic, but if you want to learn multiple languages, I suggest you study Esperanto and Latin first. I learned Esperanto when I was 16 and studied Latin for a while and it helped me so much in my college Spanish classes. Esperanto is great because it's extremely easy and you can find so many resources online, such as free programs or free private tutoring! And it's just fun to talk to all these interesting people after you learn it.

Also, what is really working for my boyfriend is a Japanese workbook he picked up at Walden for $20. It's GREAT for learning vocabulary quickly! (Although insane amounts of anime help too.)

Anyway, this is just my two cents. Languages are fun. :)

Good topic! I want to become a translator, so itis great to find out how other people learn foreign languages.

I want to learn Italian language

Yes, I am learning C++ language.

I believe no app or method can be as beneficial and useful as taking lessons from a personal tutor. Learning languages online is quite a well-developed sphere now and you can study without leaving the house. Try looking for personal lessons on the internet and you can certainly find a good tutor or even a native who teaches Spanish\Italian\French.

I studied a couple of languages and my own opinion is 1-to-1 with a teacher is the best choice. I've been using italki platform, but you can find plenty of them

I know that learning a new language is a time and, first of all, your motivation. I really wanted to get a second education when I visited this portal https://smdvosges.com/ . Here I was really able to find interesting articles and cool explanations about the prospects for learning Korean and Japanese. Someone here is studying these languages?

great post!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads