Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: u sock

u sock

does anyone else out there share my sock fetish? i developed a bit of an addicition in japan, the land of ridiculously cute socks, where stores devoted purely to socks abound. sadly it has been 4 years since i lived there and all of my japan socks and stockings are full of holes or are all pilly. so it's time to replenish.

what's great about japanese novelty socks is that they largely avoid the kittens and candy canes, and maintain the amazing sense of colour and design found in most japanese fashion. so lots of cool geometric stuff going on, or say glittery crocheted lace in unlikely colours. when i was there you could get fishnet mid-calf stocking in any colour or scale you could think of.

i found a website that has some interesting stuff (nothing mindblowing, but some cuteness), and was wondering if anyone else has a good source for cute socks/tights. if so, please share!

http://www.joyofsocks.com/patterns.html (the betsey johnson ones are pretty sweet)
    http://www.joyofsocks.com/hotsox.html (some good argyle and other geometric action)

2. # ADS

I moved to a small hick-town when I was 16 and got tortured for my sock fascination. I've apparently passed it down to my daughter because she insists on wearing the neon green ones every time they are clean, regardless of the outfit. And she wants the baby to wear the socks with the American flags all the time, too.

it took me several years to part with my sizable collection of lonely nifty socks, as well as the worn out ones too loved to toss. planned on making *something someday* and after moving with them far too many times, i let them go. still miss the fido dido "normal is boring", black with billiard balls, the zoo socks with some small zebras acting inappropriately the most! some british fellows i met at a trade show said they're called "nursery socks." still have a nice collection, tho, and i recently introduced started my kids (1 1/2 & 3) to nifty fleamarket socks.

and i proudly donned over-the-knee argyles yesterday.

I LOVE SOCKS.

There used to be "Boston Sox" stores around here that were one of my favorite places to shop. But I haven't seen that place around forever.

I love Target's fall season sock-time because they get in tons of argyle, plaid, stripey socks. I usually buy enough from them in the Fall to last throughout the next year.

i love interesting socks, too. During medical training, we had to practice wrapping ankles. Of course I had chosen to wear my snoopy & woodstock socks that day. Everyone wanted me to be their patient!

Those are some cute socks!

When I was in High school, I had some hot pink ones with what looked like an underwear band at the top (like tighty whities) They were very cute.

Here is a lady who makes cool socks! Cute *and* handcrafted..I love that they don't match.

http://www.socklady.com/index.html

Oh man! I want those Santa on the roof toe socks so much!

I thought I was the only person who is actually disappointed when I don't get socks for christmas. Unfortunately it's now getting to the time of year when you're only wearing sandals because the ground would burn your feet if you wore nothing. Sigh, so few of my socks get an airing now I've moved to Brisbane.

I love fun socks! Lately at Christmastime, I wear Christmas socks and this Easter I even wore a pair with eggs on them! They're cute & fun. I've also started knitting funky socks

I do love kneesocks and stockings. They're great with short skirts/dresses, or paired with big chunky boots. I don't worry about socks if I'm wearing pants though. Since I'm short my pant legs always go past my ankles.

i never wear boring white socks unless I've got my running shoes on.
    as I type, i'm wearing my orange & black striped kneesocks under my jeans, peeking through my birkenstock maryjanes ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads