Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire--spoilers

Anyone see the movie yet? I saw the premiere last night and I absolutely loved it, probably my favorite of all the movies so far. I wish that they didn't cut so much out, like they don't mention that Fleur is part Veela or really Veelas at all. And while I'm talking about Fleur, am I the only one who thinks she was miscast? She was a cute girl and all, but she's definitely different from how I imagined her. All in all, I thought it was a great adaptation. What about everyone else?

2. # ADS

i haven't seen it yet but how could they completely leave out Veela's? Were the men drawn to her as they were in the book?

At the world cup, the teams just had firework display type things instead of having the leprechauns and veelas show up. The Hogwarts boys were crushing on pretty much all of the Beauxbatons, Fleur especially because she was her school's champion.

Not to mention that Ron was especially mushmouthed after a short conversation with her. :) She turned him into a drooling, babbling idiot... too bad Bill wasn't around.

I saw it yesterday and loved it (too bad they cut out so much but that means lots of lovely extras right?)!

No I totally agree about Fleur, she's cute but alot of the other girls from her school seems to make her fall into the shadows.

Anyone cry at diggory's death? I got a bit teary when his dad was yelling "that's my boy".

Actually amusing bit was that my friend found Barty Crouch Jr. sexy. I swear i dont know whats wrong with her. Must have a tongue fetish or something. Although he did have a rather dirty-sexy look going on....oh dear.

I thought it was the best movie yet!

but yeah, the completely leaving veelas out part irritated me, I must say. I complained to my Grandma about that as soon as it was over, haha! :x And I too think they could have done better. The girl was cute, but when I pictured Fleur I thought more of one of those elegant beautiful girls.

Ohwell!

[And I totally got choked up when Harry came back with Cedric's body, and he was crying and then Diggory's dad was all upset. I thought I was going to sob in the middle of the movietheater!]

Quote Originally Posted by .kenzie
    [And I totally got choked up when Harry came back with Cedric's body, and he was crying and then Diggory's dad was all upset. I thought I was going to sob in the middle of the movietheater!]
    OMG! Yes! I saw it this weekend, I was totally sobbing! I have to admiitt I have never read any of the books so I didn't miss much with left out stuff. I'm anxiously awaiting the next one now. After the last one, being so freaking good, I felt like this one was just a segway to the next. It was good though, and as always so much fun to watch. Maybe one of these days I'll read one of the books!;)

Ick.

I was sorely disappointed, and seriously regretted the 30 min I stood in line for seats.

The acting was BAD IMHO. Like, Attack of the Clones bad, Hermione and Ron over-acted anything. Harry barely looked anxious at all. And most of the smart things from the book came off as juvenile and silly (i.e. Moaning Myrtle in the boys bathroom).

Also, it was incongruous. Like, Fleur getting caught in the Lake - not shown at all. And, the fact that the first time Harry tried to rescue more than Ron, the merpeople attacked him, but they didn't bother after the fact.

The special effects were cool - but that was all this film had going for it.

Anyway, I hope y'all have a better time of it than I had! I sincerely hope that I am in the minority ...

I enjoyed the movie. BUT...

As someone who hasn't read the books, I have to say that some of it was a bit confusing. I suspect it was because of the things they cut out? It just seemed to be missing something in places. Also, some of the scenes seemed to cut off and end really abruptly. The transitions weren't very smooth.

Did anyone else love Fleur's bathing suit?

I thought Hermione looked quite lovely for the ball, all fresh and young and sparkly. Unfortunately, some of the men in the theatre said things like, "ooh yeah, I'd hit it." Grrr. Just let her be a beautiful young lady for goodness sake!

I thought Hermione looked exactly the same for the ball as she did 99% of the time.
    What happened to Rita Skeeter? She was there for 2 seconds and then she was gone.
    I thought it was okay, but not the greatest.
    Although I got a little tummy tremble when Durmstrang's boat popped up, and then the boys marched in with their staffs. Awesome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads