Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Tell me about...

Last edited by Elf_Chick; 04-14-2011 at 09:07 PM.

2. # ADS

I don't like Coldplay that much only because their songs don't seem to offer that much variety to me. I like the song "Don't panic" and "shiver" and "trouble." But other than that, the songs sound entirely too much alike to me. But there are a lot of diehard Coldplay fans out there, so you might become one of them!

I personally want to know how to make a vegan dessert just to try it out. I don't plan on becoming vegan, but I'd certainly like to taste a vegan dessert.

Here's my question. What's so great about David Bowie? He still seems really popular after all these years and some people talk of him in these worshipping tones.

Is he? I've heard some of his stuff. I wouldn't call say his stuff is bad but it wasn't mind blowing either.

bowie

people love david bowie because he was weird and theatrical at a time in music history when nobody else was. he was androgynous, created characters, and his music expressed an alternative universe. while it may sound dated now, it was once incredibly fresh and exciting.

as a young lady, even though it was the 80's and his music wasn't necessarily new then, i spent many nights smoking pot and listening to bowie and i must say, those were some good times.

everything i've heard by bowie lately sounds pretty good but nothing incredibly remarkable. I think he's good to listen to for people but it's a sort of weird feel good music. Even if the songs are sad, they're kind of feel good.

I don't know. I don't really like the Beatles that much, so I'm probably the wrong person to talk about popular musical influences with. I make no sense right now, by the way, because I'm sick. fyi.

coldplay is one of the few bands i've seen live, and i've seen them twice, my b/f likes them alot, very mellow music, almost haunting sound to the lead singer's voice. He's really into free trade, at the last concert we had to sit through a 30 min video on free trade before they performed.

jt

Coldplay: I like their first album, Parachutes, better than their second, rush of blood to the head. They've been categorized with Travis and a few other British bands that are sometimes called "post-Radiohead rock". I don't really see it, but then again, I'm no music critic. I have their first cd (but not the second), so if you want to check them out, I can send you a copy or something.

hmm, I can't think of anything to ask now, but I probably will later.

Here's my question - it's about dogs.

Has anyone ever known a dog that lived to 29 years or so?

I met a woman a few weeks ago who claims her poodle's grandfather lived to be 29. I was suspicious and looked online to find that the oldest dog, as recorded by Guiness Book of Records, was 29. So the dog she spoke of dog would have tied for the world record.

So, it's possible but I'm thinking it's not probable. Anyone known a dog that old?

Coldplay: My opinion is completely the opposite artemis.sun's I guess. :) I love Rush of Blood to the Head but thought Parachutes was boring and overrated. I was actually really surprised to find that I liked Rush... because of how strongly I disliked their first album. Some of my favorites from Rush... are "Warning Sign" and "In My Place."

It looks like Amazon has sound clips from several songs from each record.

Vegan cooking: here is an absolutely amazing vegan chocolate cake recipe. I could give you other recipes to try, too, but I recommend this one for starters because it's both really really good AND made of "normal" ingredients (no need to buy soy milk or egg replacer or vegan margarine).

Quote Originally Posted by CraftinFool
    Here's my question - it's about dogs.

Has anyone ever known a dog that lived to 29 years or so?

So, it's possible but I'm thinking it's not probable. Anyone known a dog that old?
    I haven't personally known one, no, but i would think it'd have to be a very small or toy breed, large dogs don't usually live that long. My b/f claims his doberman mix lived to 17 or 18 but we're not sure that's right, but she was really old for such a large dog.

jt

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads