Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How many of you Sell your crafts?

I have a web site or tiny company if you want to put it that way .its 3 years old ! i hope 2006 is a better year for sales !

2. # ADS

I have an online shop and have stuff on consignment and also sell through craft fairs. This is our third year in business. I have a BFA in Ceramics, but don't do any ceramics anymore (at one point I wanted to be a potter). My husband who is also part of the business is self-taught. Owning a shop seems way too complicated for me... I don't like the business part of the business enough to take that step. We both work full time and it's a challenge sometimes to juggle both.

I have on online shop for my jewelry and do craft/art shows. I also work full-time in an office so time is limited - fortunately though my office job paid for all my start-up costs (not that I went BIG with anything, but it definitely helped).

As for school I have a BFAH (majored in printmaking) and did a 1 yr post grad in Cultural Management - they've both helped a bit in their way, but I never intended for them to lead me here.

I have a website where you can look and then contact me for custom orders. I sell mostly by word-of-mouth, though. I also have a booth at a local co-op, but it is mainly for antique so word is slow about getting nice baby stuff there. I've made some decent money with craft shows, but I've also had a couple that were horrible for sales. So far I've only been in biz legitimately (licensed) for about 6 months and I have no complaints.

I started woodburning in June 2005, and opened a shop on ETSY to sell them. This affords me a way to market my items while creating more! I hope to build inventory and go to craft shows in 2006.
    Self-taught...

Etsy really is a great place to start. Super easy to set up a shop, and it's a very guided experience for any new user. Lots of tips on how to create a successful shop along the way and they have great blog posts on how to constantly improve not only your shop, but your brand. I've had an Etsy shop for about 4 years and it's been as much of a success as I could have hoped. Of course, the more you promote your shop and your items, the more you'll get back from the shop.

The key things to remember are to sell unique items that are well made and well photographed. Those alone will start to get you sales and followers.

I have a site selling steampunk crafts I made and get some other crafts from workshop. I want to set up an esty store as well as I know esty can offer loads of traffic and chances. anyone can give me head-up on this? Really appreciate.

I sell on Etsy - in fact, it's putting me through college fairly handily. I wish I could say it's because I'm so creative and skilled and whatnot - mostly, I think it's due to the Legend of Zelda fanbase' absolutely RABID obsession with anything connected to it (I know all about that, being part of it!).

I'm actually trying to move over to Shopify, or at least split my sales between the two - Etsy has made some decisions over the last few weeks that have really had me doubting that they know what on God's green earth they're doing anymore.

I do decorative window painting and signage. I get some referrals, email new businesses and run an ad on Kijiji (Canada's craigslist) with a link to my site that seems to rank really well on Google. Most of my work however, is from dropping into businesses with a binder full of work and plunking it on the counter. Door to door, as uncomfortable as it makes a lot of people (especially artists), really does work. A big part of it is that your work doesn't totally stand on it's own. People like the story of a person behind the work. For you, the local farmer's market or Sunday flea market is the best way into the business. You will start to forge relationships fast if you are physically out there holding your work.

I have a jewelry website. Website is one of the best option to sell design and art. You can see my collection of jewelry on Jewelry And Bags.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads