Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How many of you Sell your crafts?

How many of you Sell your crafts?

Hey Everyone…
    I just wanted to know how many people sell their crafts or even own a store? I use to make handbags and little things like that and sold quite a bit just through friends and I really enjoyed it… I know a lot of really talented people and the thought of pursuing and owning a boutique has crossed my mind a lot lately. I just was wondering if anyone has experiences or advice to share…
    Also how many people have gone to school for art or fashion?
    I am currently going to school to be a teacher but I would love to focus on more creative things that I love to do..
    I am enrolled in my first clothing construction class and knitting class for spring and I can't wait!

2. # ADS

I have a little Etsy shop that has been selling ok! I went to school for Biochemistry and Russian...

I have a website I sell stuff from and I do fairs and festivals. It's been going pretty well. I am in school to be a history professor. So, no art ed for me!

I have a website and sell through various stores in different states.
    The thought of owning a shop or maybe an art studio with local artist as teachers is a dream of sorts for me also. I have taken some art classes but no degree.

i used to sell my own crafts, and have my own website to sell them. at first i took custom orders but i got so many that i didn't have time to do those anymore, so i sold what i could knit, whenever, then with work and school and life, it's dwindled down and i don't do anything anymore.

i do have an etsy account though and i think etsy is a great way for anyone to sell sparcely if they so wish to. it's not as much commitment as a website and you know a ton of people look at it all the time for wares, so you don't have to worry too much about advertising. :)

I sell my art & jewelry through my website, and also sell through craft shows & stores. One day I may open a gallery/boutique/co-op. I'll keep you all in mind ( ;

I recently just started my own shop after a year of consigning with a few online consignment shops. I found that I was not making any profit from selling through consignments, so I started working on my own.

I'm currently a student, so my time for crafting is extremely limited.

I have the same problem. I work and go to school full time :(
    The ideas flow but I hardly have any time to actually go through with them.
    My boyfriend is an artist and we were thinking of doing an online shop together. I think that would be nice and I hope would go well.

When I was in Jr. High, I sold little embroidery floss dolls to my classmates and even some teachers. Of course, I was stupid back then and only sold them for 25 cents a piece. Since then, I have always been crafting/sewing/etc and selling things to friends and taking special requests from others.

About this time last year, I finally started my own online store and it has been going very well. While it is frustrating to try and fit everything in, as I do have a full-time job too...you just have to make time.

I have a binder where I keep all of my ideas and inspirations for future projects, that way if I do ever find that I have a few hours to spare, I flip through it and pick something to do. Oh, and I do have a Fashion Design degree.

While it would be nice to actually only a brick-n-mortar boutique, at this stage I'm just not ready and don't want to push it. The online community has grown continually and you would not believe how much business one can have by doing things only online.

Good luck with everything.

I sell things on Etsy, and I did my very first craft fair this year. I love making things as gifts, and selling them-- it is so much fun to get positive feedback, especially when people put their $$ behind it. I only wish there was more time in the day for both making things and business development, because I would love to be a more consistant seller, and also shop my things around to local boutiques! But I don't seem to ever have enough inventory all at one time, and I would be worried about filling orders in a timely fashion since I too have a full-time job.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads