Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

best vacation ever?

What was your best vacation ever, and why? Boy and I want to go somewhere without relatives.

Last best trip we did was to India, but much of the happiness came from being with extended family - before that we did a whirlwind through Europe where I learned the beauty of real beer.

2. # ADS

My trips to Europe have been the best experiences ever. Especially my 3 trips to Switzerland because my grandfather was born there, and I have a ton of family there.
    But I haven't been since '93. I wasn't about to drag my older son on a long plane ride when he was younger, and now I have another son, and don't have the moolah to go. Boo hoo! Maybe when the boys are a bit older.
    I've also been to London, Paris and the Loire Valley, Heidelberg and Munich, Brugge and Antwerp.
    All beautiful, unique, and interesting in their own ways.

My best trip was actually taken with my inlaws. We left from Utah and went through the grand Tetons, Jackson Hole and Yellowstone. It really was a lot of fun. It was my first road trip. I live on the East Coast so out there is really different and it was fun seeing the differences. I'm hoping my next fun trip will be Vegas.

Despite the fact that we were robbed near the end of the trip, our three week cross-country road trip to the grand canyon is my favorite. I don't think many Americans realize how varied this country is and our national parks are just amazing resources.

Our honeymoon to Mexico was lots of fun.

For a solo trip, I think my random road trips were lots of fun. I wasn't at the mercy of anyone's schedule and I could do whatever I felt like at the time.

My favorite vacation is always the one I happen to think of right at the moment I'm asked. I've loved everywhere I've been. Not necessarily the people with whom I traveled, though.

I just enjoy something different from where I live as a vacation. Just as I love wherever I live with few exceptions.

For style of travel and accommodations, I'd have to say I like camping more than cruise ships, and off the beaten path rather than whirlwind tours. I'd rather be alone or in a small group than coupled with one unpleasant person.

But an all included resort vacation in the Caribbean was a blast. It was nice to not have to think about paying for dinner or for the kayak right then. Flip side was the Emergency Room had chickens in it and no triage or help desk or even a water cooler.

Boston is a great vacation destination. :-)

My best vacation was to CT, NY, MA, & RI--sounds like alot except those states are so small. 1 week by myself--I went there because I saw a great deal on airfare to Hartford from Seattle. I rented a car and stayed at a Hostel. I spent the whole time going to different art museums/galleries. I had so much fun and it was very inspiring and freeing.

My best vacation ever was spending 10 days in Costa Rica with my friend/roommate who had studied there for a year in college. He already knew all the best places to go, for the cheapest amount of money. We spend most of our time hanging out on various beaches watching the iguanas and monkeys. We also went right at the beginning of their off season (in May) so the weather was still cooperative, but resort towns were sleepy (and inexpensive!). I think that was the only vacation that I ever had where the primary thing on the agenda was relaxing. I love going to other cities, but sight-seeing can really wear you out!

my late teens/early 20s was the best vacation ever!

all jokes aside, i spent a month in italy at 19, which was amazing - from venice down to capri, touring all over the place. its where i discovered the vespa!

after i came home i moved all the way to seattle, from boston, and spent the next few years travelling all over the country with my band - all of it was so terrific, even the scary, sad parts - they made me who i am today.

in the last few years, my boy and i have done paris, london and prague. paris was my favorite, but we had a great time at all three. i'll let you know how i like alaska (spring 06) and japan (summer 06). i'm sure both will be incredible!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads