It couldn't wait 3 weeks?

I'm moving out of this house in less than 3 weeks and in the last two days it started falling apart. Well, it's been falling apart for the last 3 years, hence the reason I'm moving in 3 weeks. Yesterday the shower faucet stopped cutting the shower off. I know it would cost less than $50 to fix it, but I only have to deal with it for 3 weeks. We ended up caulking the thing shut, the new owners can buy a new faucet. I get up this moring and the heat pump in dead. The heat or air conditioning won't cut on. It couldn't have just waited 3 weeks?

2. # ADS

ho, that sucks! But I also hope the new owners know what they are up too! I hope your new home will be in better shape. Less than 3 weeks to go now! ;)

Did they agree to buy 'as is'? If not and they do a final walkthrough and stuff doesn't work, they can demand that you fix the things before the close of escrow...or you can counter and say 'no we won't fix but we'll give you 200 dollars' or something like that.

just make sure your'e covered.

good luck!
    jt

We're actually giving the house back to the mortgage company. The house is 3 years old and it's falling apart (literally). There is a sink hole at the front corner of the house plus another huge one in the back yard. The septic system was put in wrong. The list goes on. The house has been a nightmare from the begining and there is nothing we can do. We're cutting our losses now before it gets worse. I feel really sorry for the future owners, hopefully nobody will be suckered into buying. We didn't even bother to try to sale it because we really couldn't do that some else. My husband did manage to fix the air conditioning part of the heat pump, but it still doesn't have any heat. I won't be using the heat in the next 3 weeks anyway.

wow, that's really unfortunate :(

I'm sorry that it turned out to be such a bad deal :(

Next time get an inspector who is vigilant, not that he/shee can forsee the future, but he/she can warn you against things that are hidden by gorgeous new paint and carpeting.

even my unit that seemed gorgeous when i moved in, with the promise of new paint and carpet seems to have it's share of issues, nothing as bad as yours, but I feel like bob vila is my best friend now...
    jt

Remove Ads

Ads