Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Get anything good?

Just wondering how everyone's Christmas/Hanukkahs went. I love hearing about everbody's loot. I did pretty well this year. I got a digital camera, some fancy pots and pans, a toaster oven, and a faux fur coat, among other things. What about you folks?

2. # ADS

I got/bought a ton of stuff for my birthday (it was in November), so I tried to keep Christmas more low-key. I got 2 cups from my aunt, and bless her, she guessed my taste so well, I'd purchased 6 of the same exact cups for my birthday. Now I have spares, haha. I got a china penguin from my husband, and this week we'll do our "secret gift" thing - we usually do it before Christmas but we were busy. We go downtown and agree to meet in 1 hour, and we just buy each other something. We don't spend much and we have a lot of fun doing that.

I got a laptop, fancy panties from Victoria's Secret and a year of grad school. I'd say I totally scored.

I got to spend quality time with both sides of my family. I got to travel a little bit. I ate some good food.

The material things don't matter that much to me, the older I get.

I got a large rotary cutting mat, some nice thread snips for sewing, a Dymo electric label maker, and 2 books "Wierd U.S." and "Wierd N.Y.", and some good smelling bath stuff and a nylon puff to go with.

I got an appointment to get designer glasses, a probable 'IOU' for NIN tickets, to be bought tomorrow if they're still on sale, a wonderful coffee thermos, and loads of Nightmare Before Christmas gear. And lots of other awesome stuff...
    I thought I did wonderfully.

Fun stuff kids!

This year, I got a something for or related to my every obsession.

Books - SnB Nation, a huge coffee table book Broadway Musicals: 101 Greatest Shows of All Time, The Elements of Style Illustrated (grammar geek heaven), AND an advance copy of Subversive Cross Stitch by Julie Jackson. One of my friends is the girlfriend of the assistant to the photographer who, well, photographed the book. It's amazing. If you stitch, it's a must have.

CDs: We Are Little Barrie by Little Barrie and The Moldy Peaches

Panda stuff: Note cards, stickers, cable keepers (based on my love affair with the Panda Cam)

On a less material note, the universe got me a date with a guy I've liked for a long time. We have a second one this weekend. Yippee!

I got an ipod nano. Books, gift cards, an awesome cozy sweatshirt, fancy tea, an Ihome clock radio. Everything I got was perfect, and it was nice seeing my grandma so happy again. She's been away from the family, in another state for the past decade, so she was REALLY happy to see me and her other grandkids again this christmas. it was very cute how excited she was.

from boyfriend: chanel coco mademoiselle perfume and lotion in a chanel clutch; jcrew cords in baby blue and 2 jcrew sweaters (an ivory cable-knit toggle cardigan and a grey cashmere turtleneck; the office (british) complete series - the funny thing is that i got it for him too!

from parents: tickets for me and boyfriend to sweeny todd (so excited!); huge gift certificate to anthropologie, but i can't find anything there i like right now, which is surprising cos i usually love their stuff (feel free to go to their website and pick out a few things for me for suggestions!); a bunch of books, like the complete series of anne of green gables - i feel like a kid reading them but i love them, extremely loud and incredibly close, some cookbooks and a few dvds; other little things like sliipers, pajamas, fun bath stuff and other toiletries - since my birthday is coming up (on january 29th) we usually do more presents then. and a little cash.

nana and grampa: $100

from my boss: my favorite color red leather pencil case by kate spade with kate spade pencils and erasers - so adorable! and some starbucks gift cards and a zippo lighter from 2 of my managers - i don't smoke but it has a black cat on it so she had to get it for me...i guess i do have plenty of candles lying around, so it was a great little gift.

think i did alright! can't wait to be spoiled on my birthday too!

My husband spoiled me. He gave me a leather handbag, speakers for my ipod, a shirt from Anthropolgie and permission to buy pants to match, a couple of ps2 games and...21 Jump Street on dvd! It was a wonderful, excessive holiday.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads