Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

New Year's Resolution: Eat Healthy/Lose Weight Buddy Topic

Let's meet here to encourage and celebrate our attempts to take care of our beautiful bodies by eating better and getting to/maintaining a healthy body weight.

I believe that ALL WOMEN ARE BEAUTIFUL, no matter what our body size, ages or shapes are. The most beautiful women we can be are HEALTHY women, and it is my goal to be more healthy and beautiful, while encouraging my friends and sisters to be more healthy and beautiful, too!

2. # ADS

Hi, my name is Mrs.Stroozi, and you may call me Denise. I'm 48 and I'd like to lose about 10 lbs, tighten up some muscles, and keep the calcium in my bones. I have two growing kids at home plus a sugar-holic husband. We do a lot of snacking, and after a decade or so of this life style it's starting to show! What I'd like to do is modify my eating habits so I will lose about 1/2 lb to 1 lb a week. I'm very sedentary, and would like to change that, too. I am a proponent of FlyLady.net, who states that "You can do anything for 15 minutes," and asks her members to walk 15 minutes a day. I'd like to do that, and then build up to 2 or 3 visits to the gym per week for weighted exercise.

Funny, I really love to exercise when I'm in the middle of it, especially walking, dancing and the elliptical trainer, but getting to it seems to be such a mountain to climb! (Waaaaah!!!!)

So now I'm gonna go eat a carrot.

I also have a very general New Years resolution to eat healthier and get more exercise. One tip I've figured out so far: lunch breaks at work are one of the best times to exercise. I eat a quick sandwich or whatever at my desk, and then take a brisk walk or go to the gym for 30 minutes (it's nearby). Exercising at lunch not only improves my afternoon, but it doesn't take time out of my mornings or evenings (which is when I like to sleep/read/craft/etc). So far, it's working out great.

I think this is a great idea! I am on day 2 of my "healthier eating plan", an attempt to stay off sugar and refined carbs for 2 weeks. I went to the gym this morning, I've got a yummy salad all ready for lunch today, and my dinner all planned out. Plus, so far I've managed to steer clear of home-made scones today, and really yummy-smelling doughnuts too.

in the land of Sopranos, Clerks and men who could've been contenders
    I've been meaning to get into shape for longer than I'd like to admit, but this time I intend to follow through (really!). My plan is to use the elliptical trainer for about half an hour a day, and three times a week, do some type of exercise video. I've ordered a yoga DVD, and am thinking of getting a ballet workout DVD. I'm also trying to make slightly healthier choices in what I eat- no major diet changes, but skipping the candy bar that I really don't need, slowing down when I eat, smaller portion sizes, that whole deal.

Good luck to everyone!
    <3

Mrs Stoozie - the first 10 minutes are the roughest! Once you get your body warm and the endorphins pumping it is much better. And yes, the hardest part is getting to the gym in the first place!

I got my new Y card today! We get them for free through work, but my old one expired in Nov and i just now got the new one.

My biggest obstacles to exercising are:

1. Its boring. (I have a short attention span but i can't read on a machine either)
    2. I am intimidated by the other people.
    3. It takes too long to go to the gym.

OK here's the really sad part: I am a dance teacher, and being in shape actually makes my job easier...

No more excuses! Its a new year...

Rissaroo, I bet you'd agree with Woody Allen when he says that 80% of success is just showing up.

How lucky you are to get a free Y card! I worked at a bank once which offered a free membership to a nearby gym, and that was super. It was on my way home, too, so I didn't have an excuse not to use it.

I have the same obstacles to going to the gym, but I can read while I'm on a cardio machine. I don't know what to do with my books once I start weight training, though. Isn't that LAME? 8-)

Craftytricks, I like like like the idea of using a lunch break to sneak in a workout. I work in a school and only have 35 minutes, but that should be enough to get a 10 minute power walk in plus some nourishment.

Belleepoque, good fortune to your next two weeks! It's easiest to do no sugar cold turkey; the pain is the sharpest, but it's also the shortest.

Les jours, your plan for eating is what I'm attempting to do. I'm very proud of myself today -- instead of getting the bag of fatty crackers at school this evening I got the yogurt. ~~~Modification successful at this attempt...~~~

ok, so this is my third day of healthy eatting. it feels great. why do i ever stop eatting lik this? i've had fruit for breakfast and lunch. also with lunch a big salad light on the dressing, lemon water and something else light and healthy. yesterday i had Amy's tamale pie. so yummy and warm and only 150 calories! my dinners have been smaller than usual and i've made an effort to include protein. i've been using weights and tonight i will do my yoga video to untie the knots in my back!
    now if i can only get more sleep.....

Yesterday I didn't do so hot. I didn't eat very much, but I also didn't eat very well for what I did eat. I did however get out for a run, so my calories were on par for my weight-loss goal. Today, I went out grocery shopping for today & tomorrow's dinners. I'm making whole wheat spaghetti with meat sauce tonight, along with asparagus & corn. Probably not the healthiest, but for me, it's more about learning how to cook, and to enjoy it! I'll just watch my portions closely.

Treat yourself to a piece of fruit, something sweet and succulent, like a fuji apple or big naval orange. That way you'll have something good on your tongue, in your belly and for your spirit for today.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads