New Knitty (possibly NSFW!)

Man, I don't know if I'll make anything from it, but the the new Knitty is really very neat and purty - they're calling it "the sex and the knitty" issue!

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer04/indexTRUE.html

2. # ADS

thanks for posting...a very risque knitty, i clicked on what i thought looked at a purse, and it turned out to be something that I probably shouldn't be looking at at work :-P :)

jt

Quote Originally Posted by sun bear
    thanks for posting...a very risque knitty, i clicked on what i thought looked at a purse, and it turned out to be something that I probably shouldn't be looking at at work :-P :)

jt
    Good Point! I should clarify - Possibly NSFW Knitty!

I think it's cute!

It is causing quite a hubbub over in livejournal land which I don't quite understand because it is free. The other day a man was handing out bottled yogurt drinks and handed me a raspberry one - I hate raspberries so I said 'no thank you' and was no worse off than before.

Anyway, I don't see anything I'll make (except possibly a modified version of the stockings) but I think it's refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by mishapville
    It is causing quite a hubbub over in livejournal land which I don't quite understand because it is free.
    The people in that knitting community never like Knitty patterns and now they are just proving that they don't have a sense of humor - come on! Red licorice edible underwear is funny!

was that what looked like a pink bikini? I thought that was just cording, the fact that it's licorice is funny! I remember we had health class in 7th or 8th grade and there was a section where you could ask the teacher anything you wanted, you just wrote it on a slip of paper and she would read the questions outloud and answer them, you just had to write no question, thanks if you didn't have one...so she's sorting through and comes upon a real question! "What is edible underwear" and she has to describe it...to middle schoolers. HAHAHAHAHHA

jt

okay, i actually think a lot of these patterns are adorable. allusion, hush-hush, and 1930 are things i'd totally make and wear. lolita legs will be a little hard to pull off with my calves but that really rawks. and i can probably have a lot of fun with velvet oblivion. woot! although flick will only work if you get to make that out of a stronger material. :x

i like!

jangrl

Quote Originally Posted by jangrl
    ...and i can probably have a lot of fun with velvet oblivion. woot!
    jangrl
    I am so making velvet oblivion! "Touch Me" is such an amazing yarn, I can just imagine how awesome that would be.

I probably won't actually make any of those patterns, but I like the idea of them, if that makes sense.

What I was really into was the whole plant-fiber article as I am a big nerd. And it never hurts to know too many Kitchener tutorials, as it took me forever and a bunch of books and websites to finally get the hang of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mishapville
    It is causing quite a hubbub over in livejournal land which I don't quite understand because it is free.
    No kidding! I'm always surprised by people who think Knitty is "going too far" - they must love the thrill of seeing things that shock them, otherwise why keep going back? Personally, I think this issue has lots of great patterns, but it's certainly not very naughty in my book!

Remove Ads

Ads