Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I want to buy a digital camera

So I did a quick search and found a thread which asked for recommendations for digital cameras. It didn't really answer my specific questions so I hope noone minds if I start a new thread.

I'm contemplating buying a digital camera. I have a lovely SLR camera which I use whenever I want to take photos of my family, special occasions, or pretend that I am artistic. But I've been thinking I would like to have an easy to use, inexpensive digital camera to use for things like posting photos at ebay, getcrafty or glitter or for sending pictures with email. I want it for those times when I don't want to wait to process photos & scan them or when keeping the photos for posterity is not so important.

I basically want a good quality entry-level digital camera. Any recommendations?

I've found this page online. I'm looking at the first 6 or 8 choices.

I'm also interested in what you all do when you want to add photos to getcrafty or blogs or so on? What sort of camera do you have and use? Are you happy with it?

2. # ADS

hello

i own a nikon dslr! its great...

i also have a compact pentax SV.. its alright i guess... but with compact digital cameras you have to deal with the whole wait for it to focus and then take the pic...

i sell cameras everyday of the week so to help make your decision a good one take into consideration these things:

$$$$ obviously.. how much u wanna spend
    MEGAPIXEL... the more the bigger you can enlarge without distortion
    ZOOM... pretty obvious..
    BATTERY... AA or lithium battery... lithium lasts longer... but AA rechargables will still do the job

Olympus in my opinion seem to be one of the better cameras... As are Canon... only coz i have hardly had to deal with any complaints about them and the colour on both brands and focus seem to look atlot more TRUER than say... my pentax (it always comes out blueish)
    Kodak are VERY easy to use... but i think are limited if you did want to have more control over your photos...

Hope that helps in some way!

:D

Thanks, that helps a lot!

Off topic: I knew you were Australian from your signature, before I even saw the author details at the side - ha! ha!

hahah! yeah i say ripper ALOT!

when you get a camera tell us what you decided on

I have a Vivitar ViviCam3915. It's 5 megapixal with 2x digital zoom. I paid less than $100 for it and I'm really happy with it. My only complaint with it is that it runs through batteries really fast, but I bought rechargable AAs to take care of that. Here is my blog so you can look at the pictures I've taken with it. http://amanelle.blogspot.com/

My second choice was the Canon Powershot. I found a lot of good reviews on that one. My Dad also has an Olympus, it's a higher end model that he has, but I used it a lot before I bought mine and it was a good camera also.

I have a Canon Digital Elph that I adore. I like it because it is small and will fit in my pocket or whatever tiny purse I bring with me on a night out. This has become my primary camera that I use for web-posting, snapshots, and vacation photos.

I don't know what the specs on the newest model are, but my 2 year old camera is has 3.2 MP and a 2X optical zoom. I'm nearly positive that the newer models are even better.

I'm not sure if it falls in your price range, but everyone I know who owns a Canon digital camera is very happy with their purchase. Happy shopping! :)

i have a canon powershot - i really love it, though if i had it to do over again i'd cough up the extra bucks to get a 5 mp rather than 4 mp.

Canon Powershots are pretty great. I used to have one, and it was fantastic! Compact, easy to use, and the ones that are out now probably have amazing photo quality (compared to mine 3 or so years ago). They're not TOO expensive either, so it's nice.

I would recommend going with a camera that has a rechargable battery (like the canons), because having to buy new batteries all the time is such a scam.

Try not to get sucked in by using your digital camera all the time! Manual cameras get so neglected because of the convenience of digital photography. I always have to remind myself to use the SLR!

I love my Nikon Coolpix--Consumer Reports rated it high too.

Quote Originally Posted by betty666
    hello

$$$$ obviously.. how much u wanna spend
    MEGAPIXEL... the more the bigger you can enlarge without distortion
    ZOOM... pretty obvious..
    BATTERY... AA or lithium battery... lithium lasts longer... but AA rechargables will still do the job
    Frequency of use is important.
    wrt ZOOM, also keep in mind what kind of zoom it is, if you want quality stay away from the cameras that are all digital zoom, cause it pretty much defeats the purpose IMO

Some cameras take both AA and a rechargable
    My "idiot" digital camera (I come from an SLR camera, anything point and shoot were referred to as idiot cameras, but we all had at least one) is a kodak easy share, which I really like because the printer is great and I can do visa application prints which I have to do all the time for work. The point being it is sufficient, and it takes both a lithuim rechargable or regular old AA's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads