Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

What do you listen to when you....?

.... craft? Or work in your house? Or study?

I just started listening to mid-career Bob Dylan when I am housekeeping or writing for my classes. His music flows me into a creative state, and I can stay focused, too. I prefer silence when I'm reading/studying. I also have some very early Rolling Stones that keeps me productive. Right now I have on some VERY early Stevie Wonder and it's hopeless. I'm too happy with it on and NOTHING is getting done.

When I have to do data input, like for Quicken, I have Zone music. Beck's Odelay or Guerro is choice Zone, as is the one Rasputina disc I have. The first side of Moby's Play is good for either creativity or input. It connects my brain waves.

2. # ADS

I like listening to my collection of 90's alternative: Ride, Sloan, Buffalo Tom...on my headphones while I'm crafting. It makes me happy and keeps me going for a set amount of time (depending on the length of the CD)

Books on tape.

I listen to the sound of the TV or a movie while I craft.

While I clean house or cook, whatever music I'm in the mood for.

While I study, I need silence.

I listen to music all the time especially when I make soap...you get inspired! Last Season it was Tom Waits 1970 cira. Supersuckers, Sonic Youth,Clarence Gathmouth Brown,Pasty Cline Dave Brubeck..I know it quite a genre of music I like to mix it up! I still listen to records!

While crafting, especially while knitting or sewing, I like to listen to podcasts or talk radio (ie NPR). I like having something to do with my mind while I am doing something repetitive with my hands.

For housework and less repetitive crafts, I listen to whatever music I am in the mood for. I find that peppy music, such as Le Tigre or The White Stripes, usually makes me more productive.

Like xuli, I need silence when I study or read for class. Sometimes I can also get away with playing classical music.

I usually put on an old movie while I crochet. When I cook, I listen to a wide variety of music- lately I've been listening to 1920s and 1930s dance music, black music from the Civil War era, and Rossini's overtures.

Quote Originally Posted by xuli
    While I study, I need silence.
    It's funny - since I grew up in a trailer, where there was constant noise, I can't stand complete silence, even when I'm studying.

When I bake, because I can see my TV from the kitchen, I put in a movie or watch TV. (Tonight, it's "Law and Order" reruns and chocolate-chip cookies!!)
    For crafting, I like classical music, and my tastes are pretty catholic there, but lately I've been listening almost exclusively to opera. I loooove opera!!!

i usually put my mp3 collection on shuffle when i craft. but lately i've been crafting to lots of death cab for cutie.

jangrl

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads