Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: perfect job!

perfect job!

After years of stupid jobs, I have finally landed my perfect job! I mean, perfect other than my (and everyone else's) dream of working for myself.

I just got hired at a thrift store, which I have always wanted to work at! A really cool Swedish girl and I both were hired to watch the store, and also be the store's "ebay managers". The thrift store is non-profit and sells stuff on ebay to help fund the programs that run out of it (helping troubled kids and such). This is hands-down the easiest job I've ever had, and also the first job where I can listen to music, and I get to sort clothes and list junk on ebay all day? Awesome.

Does anyone else have a job that they like? This is my first.

2. # ADS

Sounds great! I was thinking of trying to get a job at a thrift store.

its nice to hear of someone that likes working at a thrift store... my experience was AWFUL. the clothes i had to sort through were generally dirty, or musty at the very least. the smell permanently wafts through my brain... *shudder*

the job i had after that was at a gallery, and that was fabulous, but working at an independent book store was HANDS DOWN my favorite job. i read more during that time of my life than ever. it was fantastic.

-- eli

The actual job I do isnt' really cool, it's customer service. The company I work for is pretty awesome. I deal with a middle man and very rarely have to deal with a direct customer. In between calls I knit or do homework and I get paid pretty decent money.

I do my art full time now, which I love too but before that I worked at a frameshop/gallery eventually working my way up from a sales person to buyer/manager.

I loved that job. It was a blast.

I'm a primary school teacher and I love it. It's challenging, fun, different every day, and allows me to be creative. There are a few downsides but by far it is the most satisfying job I'v ever had.

i talk people into buying cameras all day... sales really isnt an area that i like but i love photography n cameras so i love it.. and my company is the best ive ever worked for!

Quote Originally Posted by betty666
    i talk people into buying cameras all day... sales really isnt an area that i like but i love photography n cameras so i love it.. and my company is the best ive ever worked for!
    Hey betty666, you're good at your job! I bought my digital camera today and I had your advice in the back of my mind throughout the whole process! :-)

congrats, anjalouise. Yes, I too have had my share of fan-tastic jobs. I used to be a legal secretary, and that was dreadful. My stomach hurt every day. So I walked out. Three weeks later I was hired to work part-time, casual dress, for a national needlecraft magazine. One year later, I was the editor of that magazine. In fact, I've been fairly happy with my career ever since then. I was so excited, I think I didn't sleep for about two weeks.

congratulations! that seems like a very fun place to work!

i love my day job, even if it is stressful at times. it in entertainment and i'm a pop culture junkie so it's perfect.

i think we should all strive for that perfect job so we can do what we like 24/7!! less stress, less wrinkles!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads