Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: It just occurred to me (spin-off from healthcare)

Quote Originally Posted by jangrl
    after three different threads and multiple posts, no one had issues with halfnhalf until she made that silly liberal pot-smoker comment.
    That comment didn't annoy me half as much as her refusal to discuss questions that I and others brought up in our posts. I don't think she is a troll, I just find that slightly infuriating.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by starfish
    I want to add that I doubt Jean is raking it in with the book. She maybe got a little money for it, but very few authors make anything on books. I doubt that she made a dollar an hour for the work she put into it.

Writing books is a really poor way to make money.

ETA to add: I went to a super liberal school. Berkeley is all about liberalism, we were all too busy being stoned and liberal all day to care about academics.
    ok, just to set the record straight: getcrafty has been a personal and political success and given me enormous pleasure but i am barely making the hosting costs! i have never made a single cent from the site, and if i added it up, i've probably LOST money. i guess that makes me a bad capitalist but a good entrepenuer. i love to build and make things, so i do this site b/c it makes me happy and i think community is a beautiful thing.

but alas, this conversation is getting folks upset -- it's one fo those BIG topics that gets every all worked up. how about we all take a little break, agree to disagree--and perhaps someone wants to write an article for getcrafty on the connection between capitalism and the craft community -- pro and con? cause on one-hand i think crafting can be anti-materialistic (i like this part, being a lefty at heart) -- on the other hand, it's incredibly entrepeneurial, with all these crafters starting their own businesses and trying to make $$$$, which i like too. i want people to be happy and successful, while doing the least amount of harm.

thanks for clearing up the issue that started this melee, jean!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Remove Ads

Ads