Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nicknames for Cats

Elf Chick's thread on weird names for things made me think of all the nicknames for the cats that we have in our house (3 cats, according to BF we are "one shy of being the crazy cat house people").

Elizabeth: We only call her that when she is naughty. BF inherited her (who names a cat Elizabeth?). On a regular basis, we refer to her as Libby, Libby-Poo, Libby-Poo Butt, and The Libster.

Bootsy: Named after Bootsy Collins. Also inherited. After she got fixed, she got fat. Bucket and Meatball now.

Stinky: Named so because when I got home from work one night, he was in our trash can. Followed me right into the house. Looks like a Bovine cow, so he gets a full given name of Stinky Fang McCowCat. Also known as Stinkerbell, Stinkerbella, Stink, and the BF just calls him Thing.

2. # ADS

My cat's name is Molly. There aren't any real nicknames for Molly, unless by lengthening her name, which I do. So I often say, "Good GOLLY Miss Molly" or the much more subtle "Molly the Cat", which seems to be a pun on "Maggie the Cat" that doesn't really work well. Sorry, Tennessee Williams.

Sometimes, she just goes by the name "Kitty" said in an incredibly drippy baby voice. "AWWW KITTY YOU IS SO CUTE AWW". It's sad that I get this around animals.

I call Daisy -- mamacat, big girl, cuddlepuss, fatty, and daisycakes

I call Scout -- little stinky, my little terror, babydoll, scoutymcscouterson, snuggle, purrball

Collectively, I call them my girlies.

My kitty's name is Mojo and he pretty much responds to anything with an o-o sound so, depending on our moods, he's called JoJo, Mojo Jojo, FloJo, HoHo, BoBo...you get the idea. My boyfriend usually just calls him "chubby" because he is.

My cat's name is Neo (yeah like the matrix, you know, he was the 'one'...?).

We call him stinky, stinky-butt, stinky baby, baby, mama's kitty.

There are probably tons of kitties out there called stinky, but the reason we started calling him that is because he has the worst breath on the planet.

We call him mama's kitty when he gets under the covers with me like a person because my boyfriend thinks it is weird.

Our cat is Kasanova and will be called: cassarole (because he rolls around when happy to see us), couscous, Kas, Smeeshy, and various other names depending on how he's sitting: little bread, Dragon, little walnut...etc. I know, it's a bit excessive.

Our cat Zoey has also got a few names: Zoey The Brat, or The Brat; Zoey-B; The Babe.

My cat, who lives with my mom is Sidney, AKA: Sid, Pud, Little Pud, Little B (I don't know where that one came from).

hehe..this is a funny thread.

I used to have a black and white cat with a crooked black "mustache" and his real name was Charlie Chapin which somehow morphed into Chuck Roast.
    My sweet as pie and very well behaved cat is named Killer.

Sometime we call our Kitty, Cat or Gato (I promise, we really are much more creative in other aspects of our life!).

Oh yeah, we also call him Turkey (sometimes, when he sites in a certain position, he body looks just like a cooked turkey).

I love this thread because I'm kinda cat crazy right now. We're waiting for the perfect week to go adopt another. We're going to name the new kitty Richard Parker!

ah, my roomies cat is Sebastian and the BF started calling him Sea-bass. My (now deceased) kitty Fellini responded to anything that got ini-fied, such as Bellini, Tortellini, Spaghettini, etc. My mom used to live in Greece and often called him Felinaki or Felinopolous.
    Her cat Ariel is called The Madam and kitty Assisi is just called Sissi or Sweetie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads