Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What kind of phone do you have?

I feel like I'll be in the market for a new phone this year. I've actually had my Nokia 8260 for over 4 years, which surely must be a record. Back then, there were so few criteria for a phone.

Now, I'm out of contract, which provides me with more options, but there are just so many phones out there --- that do so many different things...play music, take pictures/videos, surf the net, etc...

I was toying with getting a Blackberry, but have pretty much decided against it, although I'd love to be able to access the internet. I love the pink RAZR, but mainly because it's pink. (I mean, what else does it do?)

I'm also confused by the technology such as EDGE. I understand that bluetooth just means it can be wireless.

I've always had a Nokia......

Do you have a phone that you love? Why? Thanks!

2. # ADS

this is mine:
    http://www.lgvx3200.com/

I love it. I've had lots of different cell phones and I don't think the brand is really all that important. I love mine because its tiny, light and has speakerphone. Speakerphone is really my only cell phone requirement.

I would just go to the store of the company that you want to deal with and play with the phones that they have on display. See what you like.

If you're also looking for recommendations for cell phone carriers I would be happy to give those.

i have an LG one with a camera. it's the phone that was the cheapest non-total-piece-of-shit when i needed a new phone. it's holding up pretty well, and i like it.

the thing about RAZRs is that they're actually rather large. they're thin, but not small.

I have a Sanyo version, and it has what I want: It flips open, so it doesn't dial all by itself when it's in my purse, it has a "window" so I can tell time. It has a speaker. It does text messaging. It seems to have an infinite amount of storage for my contacts list. It's small but not TOO small; I like the way it feels in my hand. It has a number of tools/extras that I like very much. It doesn't sync with my Outlook, which I would've liked, but then I would have sacrificed size, and that was important to me. I didn't need a camera, so didn't do that. I think it cost $30 after rebate. It's a very pretty blue, and comes in ice pink, silver and either grey or black.

I just have a Kyocera Virgin Go-Phone because I don't use my cell phone very much - but if I was going to go for something top of the line I would go for a Treo over a Blackberry.

I have a razr phone, and I like it a lot. I don't think it's that big. It has a nice large screen which is well worth the extra width, in my opinion. At least I can actually SEE everything! My dad has a LG flip phone and the screen is tiny.

The razor is a very nice phone. However, the one that that absolutely annoys me is that they set the speaker volume WAY too low. I could hardly hear people that were talking to me, and I still have issues with that. But I hacked my phone and debranded it, and made the speaker volume a little louder, so it's much better.

The keys are nice, they have a good feel to them. The interface is easy to use. I haven't had any problems with my phone.

That's the other thing I really liked about the razr. It was very easy to hack. It did take me about 10 hours to do everything.

You can put custom ringers on it, and they sound pretty nice. It does text messaging, instant messanging, I think you can browse the internet on it, play games, and stuff. But I really don't care about listening to music off my phone, so I have an ipod for that.

I had a cheap motorolla in the past and now I've the same LG model as insistal. I've had it for maybe a year now and have had no issues with it.

Some pros about the model:

It's nice, light-weight and small (particularly if you carry it around sans clip).

Color screen, a variety of ways to display your info (do you like little pictures? prefer a text menu?).

Flip phone. I hated purse or pocket dialing friends and family with my candy-bar style phone. Even when I would lock the keypad, it would unlock, gah!

Not too fussy. I really only need a phone to ring people up. Mine doesn't take pictures or play music, and I really don't want those features. I don't even think this one has a game on it! Also, in terms of ringing people up, it makes that easier and better since with the clip on, I can hold my phone up against my shoulder or I can use the speakerphone setting to have conversations when that's not comfortable.

Anyway, like I suggested, if you're looking for a phone that does stuff--organizes your datebook, plays mp3s, etc, it's not really for you. But I find it's a basic and good phone. :)

This is great feedback, thanks! Lots of good food for thought.

It's funny, I am so used to my Nokia and I love the way it feels in my hand, how the key pad feels and everything. I'm just so used to it! I've never had a flip phone before.....

I have a really basic LG phone because it was the free one. I HATE the internet on my cell. You can't see it, and it takes like 15 minutes for a page to load up, plus you have to pay to access, then pay for every KB/MB/whatever they are you download. I never use it...I don't think I would use it even if it was free it takes so long.

Voice recognition calling and speakerphone are the two things I wish I had on my phone, but everything else is great. I have countless memos saved from going to bookstores and seeing a book I like, saving the title and seeing if it's at the library later. Seems to have a lot of memory, especially with the text messages (easier when you're at work) and contacts list.

I recently bought a Razr, and I like it. It has a pretty good camera, so I have pics of my grandbaby, cats, and some of my pet tarantulas on it. It's wide, but not bulky, which I like, as I always carry small purses. It has a speakerphone, which I love. And it does all the usual phonely things pretty well. I don't text message or surf the Web, though it has those capabilities. I really don't need a camera either, but most phones have them these days. And it does have that lovely little window on the front that tells me the time--vital, since I have never been a watch person (something to do with being left-handed, I think). And, I must confess, I downloaded Tetris for it--it's the only computer-type game I play.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads