Journey catalog?

Hi guys. I came across a Journey company catalog today, and a lot of their tshirts seemed eerily familiar to what I've seen others do here and on other arts/crafts forums. For example, I saw the popular and cute Stay Golden shirt, and I saw many owl inspired silkscreened pieces.

Maybe this is nothing, and maybe I'm overeacting, but what with corporations taking ideas from independant designers I thought I'd put out this information. Check them out online at www.journey.com. If there is any problems, I'd be happy to sign petitions and get the word out in any way I can.

2. # ADS

You could say the same thing about Delia's and a ton of other stores. I don't think that this instance is the same as when Urban Outfitters isn't allowed to sell a shirt so they make one of their own that is slightly different. I think it's more along the lines of the Journey's people seeing that their target demographic likes owl shirts and makes owl shirts, supply and demand.

But with the scare over UO I can see the concern. You never know...

Are you sure this isn't journeys.com?

Yes, you're right, it was journeys.

I don't want to unnecessarily rile anyone up. I just thought I would put it out there. I kep the catalog, since there was some inspiration I got and thought my boyfriend might get too. I don't plan on buying anything from them, though, because it's high priced for things I can replicate myself. (On the other hand, I don't plan on selling anything I make from there, heh. )

That stuff really just looks like anything out of Pac Sun or Alloy to me. It doesn't strike me as a rip off of anything new, that's for sure. It all looks like the same stuff people have been selling forever.
    *shrug*
    I mean, there were the same checkboard socks, screen tees and adidas shirts I've seen a million other places.
    I can see what you're saying, but I think I disagree about them looking like a rip off. I was expecting something like UO.
    But it's always good to look out for that stuff!

Remove Ads

Ads