the best way to clear it out

hey everyone!

I'm at the point that I feel I need to clear out my life. That includes my craft room. It's so jam packed, that its stiffling my creativity (or at least that's what I'm telling myself). So, I'm selling it all. Other than the obvious - taking pictures of each and every thing to list on my website or on ebay, can anyone think of another way to clear it out?

Would you be more inclined to purchase a grouping of supplies vs. individual items?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Dawn

2. # ADS

Donate, or swap?

Also, swaps and sales can be arranged on craigslist.com. If you're looking to give away, freecycle.com is good.

if you are looking for $$$ I always respond to "lots" on Ebay..because if it is intruiginglooking, it is like a treasure chest.. Bidding on individual things there is mucho effort.

Oh yeah, I agree with bitterbetty. I love the value of buying lots. And I have bought boxes of miscellaneous craft things many many times. Usually, it's because it's way cheaper, but it's often more than I would have spent on the one or two items in the box lot that I definitely wanted.

Some things you would have to display spread out, others can be a grab bag I probably wouldn't buy a large envelope of paper ephemera without a general idea of the contents, but i would buy a shoebox of buttons.

Things I've purchased in lots on eBay or at brick and mortar auctions or garage/thrift sales: buttons, paper, jewelry, clothing, sewing box contents, cans of screws or bolts or nails, beer making supplies, material!, books and magazines, clothing, rocks, ribbon, knitting needles and crochet hooks, macrame yarns, cooking utensils, gardening supplies, doorknobs, casters, old photos and postcards, lamp parts, baby items, fishing junk, aquarium supplies, candlesticks, candles, bells, and probably many more things. It helps to keep similar things together, like scrap fabrics separated from yardage, yardage separated by general types, and sewing patterns for general sizes.

If you do this at a garage sale, you do have to watch that people don't tuck valuable things in the box lots. An auction book I've read mentions the migration of desirable things from one box to another and another and another as a common problem. And I've had people rip me off at garage sales by buying three t-shirts and one evening dress for the price of the t-shirts.

Thanks guys! Lots it will be. I'll post here when they are ready.

Dawn

Freecycle for the stuff you just want to get rid of.

Remove Ads

Ads