History of crafting

I need help from all you craftistas!!! I am writing a research paper for my English class on the history of crafting and how it has changed over time. The paper has to tie into my family history with. My grandmother, mother, and i all craft :G-ma-sewing, quilting, cooking & baking. my Mom-sewing, creating "country" folk crafts Myself- knitting, papercrafts, sewing, cooking. I need info on crafting during the 1940s, 1980s, and present. If anyone has any ideas or info please let me know...yall are the crafiest bunch i know!!! thanks in advance

2. # ADS

Well, it's a hell of a long time before the 1940s and 1980s, but The Age of Homespun : Objects and Stories in the Creation of an American Myth by Laurel Thatcher Ulrich is amazing.

Perhaps you need to interview your mom and grandma to find out where their interests came from. For example, did they learn some in home economics class? Then you may want to look into the history of home economics and in that realm I recommend From Catharine Beecher to Martha Stewart : A Cultural History of Domestic Advice.

thanks so much i will check out those books and will interview my mom and me-me.

Remove Ads

Ads