Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I buy mine on half.com or from other students.
    And only on half.com from buyers who aren't selling the "international" editions, because I personally hate paperback textbooks and I hate b/w photos when they're supposed to be in color.

The bookstore probably won't take it. They only want back the same book they are selling. Especially because technically the international books are not supposed to be sold here at all. It's illegal to sell them here, and probably illegal to buy them as well.

I had a seller mislist thier books as non-international ones, but the one I got was paperback and says clearly on it "Not for Sale In North America"
    When I emailed to ask them why it was different, they closed thier account.

2. # ADS

I've never had an international edition with black and white pictures. & I did 4 years of school in Europe, so I used a lot of international edition books! & yes, I did buy some of them from half.com, because even new versions there were cheaper than in the bookstores. So you don't always have to worry about that. & actually only one of my books was softcover when the US edition was hardcover. So just be sure to check on that before you buy it if you really want hardcover. If you ask sellers about things like that before you buy, they'll most likely tell the exact condition of the book, because they don't want bad feedback.
    I also looked up the legality of buying or selling them, and it appears that neither are illegal. Here's a long, boring legal analysis:
    http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=295219
    But I agree, you probably won't be able to sell them back to your bookstore. But of course you'll be able to re-sell them on amazon or half at the end of the term, and might not lose any money at all if a new edition hasn't come out.
    Expensive textbooks are just one more barrier in the US that keeps everyone from having access to education, regardless of economic status. So I think it's a bit of a protest to buy used books or international editions from places other than the school bookstores. A crappy, mostly useless protest, but a bit of one anyhow!

My university has a co-operative book store run by students that sells books, school supplies, even snacks and condoms at cost. Several professors order their books through the co-op bookstore to save their students some $ (usually about 30$ of the marked price), and the bookstore will also order books for you for other courses. On special orders you save roughly 10-15%.

It's a great idea. I buy most of my stuff there, and volunteer there sometimes.

I have always dreamed of going to medical college and for that I had to buy a lot of medical literature and books to study. I bought them in simple bookstores, where they sell books at a discount when many people buy at once.

It is prestigious to study at a medical college. The medical profession has become relevant. This is a profession that will always be relevant, and automation will not be able to reduce the number of jobs. The problem lies only in the difficulty of entering medical schools. But don't worry, because https://www.medicmind.co.uk/ will help you!

Hello guys everyone! I see you are texting about your training. I usually go to the internet. If I need any information. But if I can't get the job done, I immediately write to the superior essay writers and they do all the boring paperwork for the menu. Honestly, I don't like writing essays. So I trust it to people who understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    I have always dreamed of going to medical college and for that I had to buy a lot of medical literature and books to study. I bought them in simple bookstores, where they sell books at a discount when many people buy at once.
    Really? Me too

Hi guys, I came across a good website which is a real find for every student. The stressays website provides trustworthy reviews of various writing services, it will help to choose the best one and avoid scams. To be honest, I found it really useful.
    Last edited by Wiey; 09-01-2020 at 07:37 AM.

thanks for the info

Don't fit and melt like mist, God wants to erase you
    As long as we need the party to call and we will see each other soon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads