Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I Love Love. People make mistakes. Please encourage your friend to think positive and put aside your personal feelings towards her husbands and focus on what makes her truly happy. Marriage is serious and a lifetime commitment especially when there are children involved. Encourage your friend to try to work things out, of course, after she heals herself. If he is willing to prove his love, dedication, and maturity she should give him a chance. There's nothing wrong with forgiveness.

2. # ADS

Help her to make new plans.

Just a little update: She is doing well and fixing up her new apartment. I'm going to make curtains and matching pillows for her living room. (We're actually doing it together so she can learn to sew...a new hobby might keep her mind off things) Thankfully, she is remaining cool headed with the soon-to-be-ex..mainly for their little girl. Maybe she's still in denial a little bit but she seems to be handling things with a level head and admits that she really didn't love him like you should love someone you're married to and that perhaps the marriage died a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by amaryllis
    Just a little update: She is doing well and fixing up her new apartment. I'm going to make curtains and matching pillows for her living room. (We're actually doing it together so she can learn to sew...a new hobby might keep her mind off things) Thankfully, she is remaining cool headed with the soon-to-be-ex..mainly for their little girl. Maybe she's still in denial a little bit but she seems to be handling things with a level head and admits that she really didn't love him like you should love someone you're married to and that perhaps the marriage died a long time ago.
    Thanks for the update! Curtains and pillows are great first projects (and about all I can do actually!)

One piece of advice I just heard about divorce really struck a note with me: "It's important to remember that two perfectly wonderful people can be incompatible" I think a lot of times people tend to blame themselves and/or the other person when it just wasn't going to work no matter what.

Thanks, brdgt..that quote is right on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads