Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: makeup powder

I've heard great things about Bare Escentuals mineral powder. I use Stila tinted moisturizer and pressed powder, and they're great. And such a good packaging too. :)

2. # ADS

I use Clinique loose powder, it's easier to put less on than pressed powder, at least for me. I have oily skin too. I love it because it says it's transparent and it actually IS. I bought a drugstore brand once that said "transparent" and it looked like I had a tan mask on :) I'm pale, but I'm not lighter than "transparent" am I? hehe.

I'd like to see the bronzer suggestions too. I don't tan at all, and am fair skinned (not ghostly pale though) I'd love something that had just a hint of color. It seems to me bronzer makes you look like you have too dark foundation on....unless you put it all over, which I don't really want makeup-y arms. :)

Quote Originally Posted by witetrshprincess
    wow! thanks for all the responses! I usually wear lancome but I'm wearing bare minerals right now. I think I might try the loreal stuff since it's like bare minerals only cheaper. I also saw some physian's formula mineral makeup. has anyone ever tried that kind before? I would love to hear your opinion. Does anyone ever wear bronzer and if so what brands do you wear?
    Haven't tried the L'oreal stuff, but heard it was awful, awful, awful -- itchy, and unwieldy, with a very stiff brush. But! I have I tried the Physician's Formula loose powder one (have it on right now, in fact) and it's wonderful. Very transluscent, decent brush, the powder doesn't get all over your purse even though it's loose, and super cheap. Can't say enough about it!

Oh, and this is my first post here. Hm, what a curious introduction.

I have liked my Mary Kay products very much, but I never got a good match with the foundation color. The coverage I like, the color I don't. I'm trying 2 more this week in sample sizes.

I LOVE Bare Escentuals, though. Couple the foundation powder with the mineral veil and that's a spectacular finish. I just need to give up on MK foundation and get me some more BE. I ordered it twice from ebay with no problems, new in package, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads