Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: makeup powder

makeup powder

I don't wear foundation or concealer. I only wear powder so I was wondering what everyone's favorite brands were, especially the ones out there who have very oily skin.

2. # ADS

i don't usually wear makeup, but when i wear it i use bare minerals. you can't even tell that you're wearing it, and it sort of makes you glow. and i'm totally makeup retarded and i can even get it to look good. it's a little pricey for the whole set, but it will last a long time.

I like stila's Illuminating powder foundation or MAC's studiofix. They are both great with oily skin. You can use a light touch for everyday or a heavy hand for more coverage.

i have been using laura mercier everything lately. i know you don't wear foundation or concealer, but the tinted moisturizer - which now comes in a great oil-free formula - might be worth a try, and you can finish with any of the powders which are soooo great at evening out the complexion. the concealers are amazing too - i work in the beauty industry and have never tried an undereye concealer that actually worked until i tried this one and it is amazing.

i love Loreal's Airwear powder-- it is very much like bare minerals, but much less expensive. I only wear powder myself, and it goes on like foundation. It also has SPF 17. Love it.

I always hated the feel of foundation. Now I use Bare Escentuals mineral make-up. (yes the kind from the infomercials!) It really is awesome. It has a fairly matte finish and much better coverage than traditional powder.

i don't wear powder anymore, but when i did, i used Origins powder. it's matte but not too fake and powdery, it comes in a good range of shades, and it's not *too* expensive. it's ~$18 for a compact. it didn't make me break out, either.

i use Burts Bees oil absorbing sheets when i feel greasy. i like them because they leave a fairly matte finish but don't actually leave anything on your face.

i use neutrogena... i cant afford any of that fancy stuff.

wow! thanks for all the responses! I usually wear lancome but I'm wearing bare minerals right now. I think I might try the loreal stuff since it's like bare minerals only cheaper. I also saw some physian's formula mineral makeup. has anyone ever tried that kind before? I would love to hear your opinion. Does anyone ever wear bronzer and if so what brands do you wear?

When I'm wearing makeup (when I go to work or out), I wear foundation and powder. I love CG's--I just love that Noxzema smell!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads