Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Recently I caught the 1976 version of "Freaky Friday" on TV. Jody Foster as the daughter and Barbara Harris as the mother. I remember seeing that one in the theater w/ a friend when we were 11!
    Talk about fashion flashbacks! All I could think about was how many pictures my parents have of me and my sister wearing clothes w/ obnoxiously printed fabrics!!
    Although I really like the black velvet pantsuit the "mother" was wearing in the movie. Waist-length fitted jacket paired with flare legged slacks. It was actually quite elegant looking.
    70's styles were not all bad. there's actually a lot that I would make for myself now. Just those fabrics!! EEK!!

2. # ADS

Anyone remember The Brave Little Toaster? I must have watched that movie a million times; it was always on TV.
    I really loved The Halloween Tree, too, which was a cartoon made-for-TV Halloween special based on the Ray Bradbury book. I remember it being pretty creepy, but then again I was a pretty big baby.

The Brave Little Toaster scared me, and the only thing that I remembered was the clown in the shower. Or something.
    I watched Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealers until my eyes rotted out of my head. And then, probably 10 or 11 years later, I was at my dad's house and sick with the flu. He took me to the movie store to pick something out, and I found an old copy and watched it, and it made me feel little again. It was nice. But I think that was my favorite. That and 101 Dalmations or Lady and the Tramp.

Most of the movies I love because I loved them as a kid, I avoid because it ruins them :)

Milo and Otis
    American Tale
    Home Alone (one I still watch)
    Benny & Joon
    Lady and the Tramp
    Uncle Buck

i was obsessed with The Secret of NIMH as a kid! i had a total little-kid crush on that one rat named (i think) Timothy... he was the guard rat... i also had an awesome pet rat, Templeton of course, as a kid. i also liked the book (Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH i think it was called).

i also loved, and secretly still love and know all the songs to, The Chipmunk Adventure. i would desperately love to have that movie on VHS or DVD, but they only have those sketchy Malaysian pirated copies on eBay.

Goonies!!! (Watched it for the millionth time today.)

Fox and the Hound (First movie I went to without a grown up...it was the summer before 3rd grade.)

The Great Muppet Caper

Popeye

Star Wars

Grease!! (I had the album too!)

I wonder how many movies that I don't remember now that I loved then? I would love to see them again....I can only imagine how it would transport me right back!

Isn't it funny how this thread totally reveals our ages? Heh.

bedknobs and broomsticks, and swiss family robinson were two movies that i couldve watched til my eyes bled. i loved them. i also loved the PBS version of the lion the witch and wardrobe.

and uh... return to oz scared the shit out of me! i had nightmares for weeks after i saw that one! i should rent it as an adult...

"Clash of the Titans." Boy those special effects seemed amazing when I was little.

Savannah Smiles
    Rhinestone Cowboy with Dolly Parton and Sylvester Stalone
    Grease
    The Muppets Take Manhattan

Wow, I'm nostalgic now. What fun to have a childhood moviefest someday soon. Complete with grilled cheese and enough candy to rot the teeth out of my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by kellbell
    Savannah Smiles
    I loved Savannah Smiles. And, hearkening back to the beginning of the thread, The Electric Grandmother, too.

Most people find it amusing when I say that one of my very favorite movies from when I was a kid is Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo. I loved that movie *so much* - I pretty much had it memorized.

A little later on, I loved Girls Just Wanna Have Fun and Can't Buy Me Love. Watching Can't Buy Me Love in college sparked the following exchange during a scene where Ronald and Cindy are bonding:

Snarky Friend: (snarkily) So what is it going to be revealed that she secretly writes soulful poetry or something?
    Me: (in all sincerity) I thought you said you hadn't seen this movie before.
    Snarky Friend: (aghast) Oh my god, are your serious?!?!?!

But I stand by Girls Just Wanna Have fun :).

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads