Powerbook woes & question about software

I purchased a PowerBook g4 laptop a couple of years ago (first generation) and it has proven to be a bad apple (was gonna say lemon, but this fit better!). I barely used it the first 1.5 years and as soon as I start working with it more than my PC and buy expensive software for it, it falls apart.

The keys fall off (missing my 'O' key) and just days after the $500 extended care warranty ends, it does what many of this generatoin of G4 have done and cracks its hinges so now the LCD screen is flappin' in the wind. $1600 to fix because of the way Apple designed it (the newest generation have better hinges and design...figures).

$1600!!!!! I may as well get a new computer, and so I did. I wanted to stick with mac, but I cannot afford to buy another G4 and have something happen to it again. At the same time, I just purchased Adobe's CreativeSuite for $1000 for it and now I am stuck with it because my new computer is a PC again. I've barely had a chance to use it, but unfortunately I already registered it. Do I have hope of selling it? Or is it illegal to resell software? It just seems so unfair. Same with MS Office for Mac. Bought and now I cannot use it.

In the meantime, I am dying without my Photoshop because I already reformated the old PC I used it on when I had it installed from an old job.

I just had to rant. My husband is anti-mac for no reason and he doesn't care about my sorrows except to make me feel guilty about wasting my money on these mac and related software purchases.

2. # ADS

Re: Powerbook woes & question about software

Quote Originally Posted by PamTheQueen
    I just purchased Adobe's CreativeSuite for $1000 for it and now I am stuck with it because my new computer is a PC again.
    Call Adobe customer service at 1-800-833-6687 and ask about exchanging the Mac version for Windows. (Have all your registration info in front of you.) Then do the same with Microsoft -- can't hurt to try.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that! I just switched from a PC to an iMac. It took a while to get used to! But i'm really loving it now ;-)
    There has to be some way you can still sell it...But I feel for you!

It's totally legal to resell your software and you can transfer the license to someone else even though you've already registered it. See this doc on Adobe's website: http://www.adobe.com/support/salesdocs/1086a.htm
    Note - for the collection you have to transfer the whole collection, you couldn't sell the apps individually. They're on the same CDs anyway though.

Remove Ads

Ads