Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    northeast iowa/portland, or/BROOKLYN, Baby!

five favorite things...

name your top five favorite things/tools/whatever in your craft room... those things you love to work with that make you smile or just do amazing things..... i'll be back with mine later........

2. # ADS

Re: five favorite things...

Quote Originally Posted by nataxia
    name your top five favorite things/tools/whatever in your craft room... those things you love to work with that make you smile or just do amazing things..... i'll be back with mine later........
    1. my gingher scissors of doom. they just make me feel like i know what i'm doing

2. the sewing machine of doooooom. its new. its shiney... and it doesn't hate me yet.

3. my dresser full of yarn. yummy, yummy yarn.

4. that little 12x6 see through ruler thing that you use to quilt with. even works for knitting

5. my dogs that walk in to say hi when i'm working. even if they just want a treat, they still make me smile.

1. Fiskars slide paper cutter- always useful.
    2. Multi-colored Sharpies
    3. Brown paper lunch bags- great for packaging, but a million uses otherwise.
    4. Card stock/paper collection-again, a million uses.
    5. Rubber cement.

1. My new ghettoesque plywood and bricks shelving system. I can easily get to any paper, board or piece of art that I want.

2. My kneaded eraser. Best kind of eraser ever.

3. My comfy-cozy recliners.

4. Wall space! I can hang up what I'm working on and reference material without it looking cluttered.

5. My masquepen. Great for working in watercolor/ink because you can keep some areas from getting colored.

1. my 8 year old singer, where i've lost the spool holder, and my zipper foot doesn't fit on for some reason...still love her though.

2. pinking shears. my GOD, where would I be without you.

3. mod podge, with gloss

4. sequins-sew-on or glue i use them everywhere!

5. those cheapie cardboard box/paper mache boxes...i use them for quick gifts or if i'm just bored.

1. Pasta Machine with motor, how I love thee....

2. Cookie Cutters! (I have waaaay too many for someone who hasn't made cookies in months, and never makes sugar cookies. They're actually for clay.) Speaking of which...

3. THE CLAY! THE CLAY! (polymer, that is) I've been working with it for ten years now, and have yet to grown tired of it - it's just so gall-danged versatile!

4. Liquid polymer clay - oh the fun stuff I can do with it...

5. GLITTER! I love me some glitter, yes I do!

1. Scrap fabric stash - It's inspiration and work material all in one.

2. Scissors! - My God I never appreciated a good pair of scissors until my not-so-good ones died on me and I was trying to sew a dress. Cutting the fabric was hell.

3. Seam ripper - how on earth do I live without these? I'm a horribly careless sewing person (what do you call a sewing person? 'sewer' somehow doesn't seem right).

4. Sewing Machine- the cheapest Janome available, it doesn't even have a zipper foot available for it. Still, I love it and it hasn't failed me yet (if you were wondering I try to make do with buttons or if it's a dress i'll take it to a friend's house and finish it off there).

5. Crochet hooks - I have a small jar of crochet hooks that look great as decoration as itself. Of course I actually crochet though.

I LOVE the idea of a jar of crochet hooks as Art. Lovely!

1. My small set of Susan Bates crochet hooks. I love the way their hooks work.

2. My antique 1920's stork embroidery scissors. So! sharp. So! precise. They're a joy to use; and the very first nice thing I ever bought for myself after college.

3. My 12" by 2" transparent art ruler. It's divided by eighths all through it. I am totally dependent upon it and I don't wish to quit.

4. My thinnest-nosed needle-nose pliers.

5. My pliers that crush then shape finishing metal beads at the end of strings.

And off the list, last but not least, my 30+YO Singer portable sewing maching. She has given me all kinds of grief, we have had major battles together, but now that I've found a repair person who loves her as much as I do she's finally purring and I am loving it. I will teach my daughter how to sew on this sewing machine.

1. My husband's superhuge metal ruler. I don't know why he had it, but I even tacked up a nail to hang it on my new bookshelf. I use that thing all the time, and it makes my projects only half as lopsided as they would otherwise be.

2. Modge podge. So much fun.

3. My sewing machine. It's just a basic singer, but she does right by me.

4. The new bookshelf. It's really helped me to be better organized and has freed up my desk space.

5. My iron-on transfer pens and pencils. They make the whole world embroiderable!

northeast iowa/portland, or/BROOKLYN, Baby!
    1) my jar o' tools...the jar is mason & was originally used for pesto... at the bottom of the jar are tons of glass marbles and charms from the summer before third grade when i learned about archaeology & spent 3 months metering out & digging up my back yard... such a neat little girl i was, i miss me & the tools are great too!

2) my pinking shears in their original 1950's box...i don't break these babies out too often 'cause they're so pretty but when i do...man!

3) my chest of buttons... they were fun to dig through when i first started collecting when i was a teenager, they're still inspiring now

4) my paper goddess...i used to work at the portland art museum with my best friend maria & when we'd be bored we'd cut up the spare museum brochures & make little things for each other... no matter where i call my home this lovely little winged women hangs above my work space

5)my collection of bead dishes...some are delicately painted antique sauce bowls, one is jadeite that glows like a luna moth, a couple are industrial strength squares of metal, all are awesome & perfect!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads