Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bra Rant?

Bra Rant?

I'm probably abusing my Ranting abilities....
    But late night internet bra shopping has me down, and a little peeved.
    It's near impossible for me to find a bra that fits my boobs that isn't horribly expensive that I don't fall out of constantly that makes me feel adorable and not matronly (run-on sentences much?).
    My friend works at Victoria's Secret (pretty much a lost cause for me, now) and constantly measures me when I come in.
    According to her expert tape, I'm a 34DDD, roughly the equivalent of a 36DD. Hooray for boobies, hooray for sporadic birth control-ing that shot me up 2 cup sizes in as many years.
    However, it massively BLOWS when I try to find a decent bra. I'll find one that I think is ok, only to find that it leaves huge ruts in my shoulders or red welts under my bits and on my back, which doesn't do much to boost the self-esteem.
    I'm looking at a website, specifically for a 36DD bra. I see this picture:

Really? That's a bit of a stretch. And kind of annoying. It sucks to see adorable bras that look cute on tiny boobs, and then trying them on and realizing the translation from B to larger is.... Unflattering, to say the least.
    Is there a decent place to get a nice bra for some dirty pillows?
    Does anyone else have the same problem(s)? Any solutions?

2. # ADS

I just finally figured out my bra size (joy!) and have to say that if you're getting marks on your shoulders or torso, you're not wearing the right bra size. The marks on your shoulders are particularly troubling because that's not where the support of the bra should be coming from.

I'm no help for the question overall, as I pretty much get my bras from Vicky's sales or some combination of TJ Maxx/Marshall's-type stores. I recently upgraded to the D cup and do feel your pain at finding cute bras in anything outside the ABC range, however. Last time I was out shopping, I found a bra in my size that had comic book art printed on it, crazy turquoise blue stitching and little bits of fishnet detailing. I swore the clouds opened up, punk rock was playing, and the bra gods smiled down upon me.

I've managed to actually avoid the whole bra shopping thing since my MIL works for JC Penny's.
    But she's become obsessed w/ picking up the same exact bra style for me each time she sees a really good sale. I must have 10 of the same bra. *YAWN*
    I wear a 40D...actually, I think I need a bigger size....again! AUGH!! I swear the boob fairies visit me while I'm sleeping and pump them up even bigger!
    You know it's bad when your 2 sons try to use your chest as a pillow!
    Anyway....I'm going to finally finish the bra model that i started last year, so I can stitch up a few cute ones for myself. I'm starting to feel like an old lady too.

I recently went and got measured, and it turns out that instead of the 32D that I thought I was, I am a 30DD. A *30*!!! Do you have any idea how hard it is to find 30-anything bras, let alone 30DD?

The bra lady suggested that I get 32 bras and get the band taken in. This does not seem like a reasonable solution.

So yeah, I feel your pain. I am a bit wary of ordering bras online, though, because they all fit a bit differently. Have you tried going to Nordstrom? They're expensive, but they generally have the best selection for the generously endowed.

I'm pretty big chested as well, my problem is shirts that fit in the chest as well as the waist, most shirts that fit around the chest I swim in the rest of the body.

Have you tried Lane Bryant?http://lanebryant.charmingshoppes.co...&web_size=36DD
    They have 36DD, they are confortable and resonably pretty.

i wear a 38DD, and the problem is that most 38DD bras are "full-figure" styles like the ones at Lane Bryant, and they don't fit me. i don't know what the difference technically is, but full figure bras seem to have wider, shallower cups and bigger bands, even though the band size shouldn't change.

Victoria's Secret has DD bras that fit me fairly well, but they only come in white, tan, and black. my favorite bra is a "Bali 3374" which is still available if you Google it.

i hate bras. i hate bra shopping. i am in between a 38D and sometimes 36C. right now i am down to two bras and when i go bra shopping, i have trouble not only finding the right size, but finding the brand that i like.

figures that they were invented by a man.

Ugh, no kidding, I'm a 36G and I have to go to a specialty store and pay $100+... the upside is that I get them professionally fitted and they have gorgeous ones.

Well, my problem is more of a size difference than just a large size. My right boob is a C and my left a total B. Does anyone else have that problem? I got a baggy bra hanging off my boob on one side and a beautifully encased boob on the other.

My problem is that mine swell up in the third week of my cycle and dont' fit in anything. I can't see buying a DD for the occasion (I'm a 36D). I also have shoulders that must slightly slope because no matter what bra I wear or how snugly I adjust them, the straps still slide down over my shoulders.

Oh, and I too have shirts that pucker at the chest if they fit well in the waist and or if they fit well on top they're big below. I wear a lot of the puckery ones unbuttoned through the chest with a tank or cami underneath. That way you can still see I have a waist. :)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads