View Poll Results: Are you excited for Porject Runway?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 85.71%
  • Not Really

1 4.76%
  • Couldn't Care Less!

2 9.52%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    So? What did everyone think?
    I feel really sorry for Vincent. He just seems sad and out of sorts to me. I loved the dress that won.

2. # ADS

here are my thoughts:

LOVED the hat. Really. I couldn't believe the judges found fault with it.

LOVED whats his face from Taiwan. The british guy.

Thought stacey deserved to go from the moment she couldn't operate a sewing machine.

LOVED the dress that won

LOVED the fur thing that the architect from NYC did.

overall, i was a bit disappointed with the personalities, thought the first challenge left a lot to be desired and absolutely loved most of the dresses that were created.

loved the dress that won. love it! although he seems like a real wanker so far.

stacey shouldn't have even been chosen.

curious about jeffrey? (the rocker dewd from l.a.). didn't like his first challenge garment, but find his aesthetic intriguing. as long as he's not the next santino (whom i love actually).

really love the guy from atlanta. he's one to watch.

loved a lot of the designers themselves and even love their seriousness. i'm looking for real competition. the past two seasons were too mixed in talent and skills. i want it to be very very difficult for heidi, michael, nina, and whoever to decide who's out. that's pretty exciting to me--very edge of seat (what can i say, i'm a nerd).

i feel bad for vincent, because really, he should have been "auf'd" (did you notice that silliness? and what's with the ridiculous text voting? we all know it's been decided already. who cares??) as tim said, student work.

i'm very interested to see how malan's (british dewd) personality will clash -- or meld -- with the others.

no picks yet. too soon to tell.

:-)

I didn't like Vincent's dress at all. I wanted him to get the boot. I didn't even think the dress was that pretty or cute, and eh. He has Woody Allen's voice and personality and Elton John's fashion sense. I'm not digging it.
    I also didn't like the "OMG SO PUNK RAWK!!!!!!!11" guy. I hate how bitchy he is about other people's work. Plus I wasn't a big fan of his dress and coat combo.
    I love the red-headed lady, though! I keep wanting to call her "Kay", after the lady who wrote the "Eloise" books. I thought she was going to be annoying, but I think she's wonderful and I'm diggin it.
    I also love Robert, the Barbie doll designer. His tape (the snippets that they showed) was really funny, he seems like he has a good sense of humor, and his dress was really pretty. Plus, his model kind of has a vintage Barbie doll face....
    And I loved the dress that won. The buttons were too too cute.
    Allison is just really cute and I like her. And the mountain man. And the guy who had the all-black collection. I wasn't too "wowed" by their dresses, but I think they have lotsa potential.

I really liked most of the designs from this episode, except for pretty much all of top and bottom ones. I really liked Keith's dress, even if Keith himself seems like a tool--a really hot tool, but a tool just the same. On the other hand, although Robert seems delightful, his dress seemed way too mid-nineties for my taste. And I hated the chandelier crap that Laura put on the bottom of her coat. It was such a nice coat, too, and she had to go and ruin it. Hmph.
    On Allison: Holy crap, I hate her voice. So slow and lilting. Ew. Don't talk. Just... Shh.
    On Angela: Stop giving a bad name to Ohio! It's like, the 7th most highly populated state in the union! Just because you've dug yourself up a nice little hole in the ground doesn't mean the rest of us have, too!
    On Jeffrey: OH MY GOD, HIS NECK IS HUGE! Did you see that? Like, 50% wider than his head. Eesh. I don't think his design was as bad as the judges made it out to be, but it wasn't as great as he was making it out to be.
    On Malan: He laughs the laugh of a child molester. Just saying.
    On Michael: I love his audition clothes, I loved his dress for the first challenge, I love his rainbow of otherwise identical Atlanta Braves hats... I think he's going to make it pretty far.
    On Vincent: Oh. How sad!
    And lastly, I am happy they got rid of clueless Stacey early. You should be able to use any machine they throw at you if you're going to be on this show.

here is an awesome and very frank interview with tim gunn:

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....g_with_ti.html

he really dishes!

Wow. That interview was great. I love that man.

sigh. I really do miss Santino. When I was watching clips of him during the casting show I got really sad.

That interview was great - I love Tim Gunn. I can't believe Daniel V has become such a diva.

Kittensrme, thank you for mentioning that neck thing. I couldn't quite trust my eyes. Mean, I know, cause he can't help it, but why get it so drastically tattooed? And Amaryllis, yes, this show has totally got me back to sewing clothing. I'd been working in two dimensions for a long time. I wish a local college would offer some classes in fitting, draping, pattern making. I mean, I don't even understand that black tape on the dress forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmatta
    Kittensrme, thank you for mentioning that neck thing. I couldn't quite trust my eyes. Mean, I know, cause he can't help it, but why get it so drastically tattooed? And Amaryllis, yes, this show has totally got me back to sewing clothing. I'd been working in two dimensions for a long time. I wish a local college would offer some classes in fitting, draping, pattern making. I mean, I don't even understand that black tape on the dress forms.
    the black type are the style lines. you pin them on to give you a visual representation of your seams (the style), so that you can cut the muslin or fabric to fit those "parameters." (i'm really bad at explaining things.) instead of using a gigantic piece of muslin and then pinning and then cutting, you use the style lines as your template.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads