Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fat or Fab?

I'm 5'4"

My body hovers around 125-130 when I'm doing what I *should* be doing consistently. I'm currently 140 and plan to stay around here and lower at a nice mid-sized size 8.

I've been up to 178 and a 14. I felt sexy and fine so long as things looked ok on me, though I found that it was more of a dig to find clothes that *did* look good.

Then I went into the hospital and found out I have Crohn's disease and had a horrible year on steriods, which I don't need to explain to anyone who's ever been on them at high doses for a long time.

I have changed my diet to help me and was forced to admit that I was cramming my face prior with sweets and crap, that food was my drug of choice. I now handle sugar like an alcoholic handles booze - I had to eliminate it completely for about a year in all forms to break the hold it has on my brain chemistry, and now I can have a piece of cake about once a week and everyting seems really overly sweet and I don't want more than that, whereas it used to be a daily event.

Can you be big and healthy? Yes!

Are most people who feel they are both kidding themselves? Based on my experience, I know I was.

What bothers me, now that I've put on 10 pounds since I was really ill, is my mother (size 6) asking me how much I weigh before even bothering to ask whether I'm crapping 8 times a day (I'm not, my GI even pronounces me in remission.)

If I had to be a size 20 for the rest of my life and I could trade it for this stupid disease, I would in a minute. She doesn't understand that.

2. # ADS

dear you, redheartearts! I've been up and down the corticosteroid trip too. When I was younger it didn't affect me as much, but now, I put on weight every time I go on a higher dose. Especially in my face and around my middle. Bad enough to be sick, but to be pudgy too is just too much.

But yay for you for being in remission!

I'm 5'4", and I weight 155. I've been the same weight (plus or minus some doughnuts) since I was 15 (I'm 23).

It took me a while to realize that I was never going to be the skinny girl who can always find a bathing suit that fits her. One thing that helped immensely was actually a punk band called Anti-product. They had a song called "Fear of Medusa" that just struck a chord with my 17-year-old self, and since then I've been fairly confident in my size.

Bathing suit / bra shopping, however, is the ultimate way to make a girl feel like an elephant.

Thanks for all of great information!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Ads