Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fat or Fab?

Fat or Fab?

I wasn't sure if this should go here or in Consuming Pleasures. Feel free to move it..

What size are you? Are you happy with your body? For the first time in my life, I'm a size 12 (used to be a size 6) and while I know that a size 12 is in NO WAY fat, I feel bad about myself because it has crept up on me and none of my clothes fit like they used to. Basically, I'm pissed and want to do something about it half of the time and just want to give in to my new curves to avoid hard work at the gym half the time. Personally, I like curves on other women but I feel like it just looks funny on me. Like someone PUFFED me up all of the sudden. Anyway, how do you feel about the way you look?

Do tell.

2. # ADS

i'm slim, petite (5'3) and at the most have weighed 140 lbs in my life (I am usually at 120). i have always worked out, i swim, do yoga, was vegetarian for years ( i do eat meat now, but very little). there have been times when my clothes haven't fit, or when i HATE going to the gym. i don't remember ever hating the way that i looked, but i have always wished for my muscles to be more defined (think linda hamilton in terminator 2)

i am too lazy for that to happen, so i will just stick to how i am!! LOL

If it wouldn't cause even more problems finding clothes that fit, I would like to lose a few inches around my waist. I really hate vanity sizing! I'm 27--I would like to be able to shop in the grown-up section!

I don't think I really need to lose weight, I just want to get more toned. I'm trying to increase the amount of exercise I get because I think it's easier to get into the habit before you have a problem. I think my diet is pretty healthy as it is but I could always use more fruits and vegetables.

i am a size 10 and feel like i've been a 10 since i was 15 (i'm 21)

its funny in highschool, my size 10 felt HUGE but as i get oldder the thinner i feel, evan in the same body I've always had.

it seems like the tranition between chubby and curvy was more in my mind then on my tummy

i wear a size 14 (except in Dockers, in which i mysteriously wear a 12) and i love my body most of the time, except when i hate it. i'm sure you all understand that. most of the time i either think i look fine or i don't give a crap, but now and then i just look to myself like a big chubby dork.

you know what? i think the whole thing is not to care what society says is acceptable. i think that as long as one is comfortable in their own skin, that is beautiful.

Janaka- I think you're absolutely right and I'm trying really hard to get there.

I used to have a lot of issues with my body. I've never been a small woman, though then again I don't think of myself as fat and I think it would be hard to define myself as fat. If anyone is big boned, it's me. I always thought it was a cop out, but no, I am.

Ontop of that, I'm short. When you are five feet tall, you are supposed to weigh a hundred pounds or less. I haven't weighed a hundred pounds since fourth grade.

Recently though, I have come to really enjoy and love my body. I still dislike my cellulite, but I'm loving the shape of my shoulders and neck, I'm loving my butt and breasts, and the curve of my legs, etc. It's taken me until 24, but now I feel fab. I think removing myself from negative people in my life, and removing myself from a lot of the media has helped a great deal. It's also helped that I've become more active, my boyfriend and I walk everywhere, and I do a manual labor job. Also, check out the book Fat?SO! to help you love your chub as much as you possibly can!

Apparently, the Gap insists I am a size 6 in jeans. How nice, I wear a 10 everywhere else.
    I'm 5'6" and about 150 pounds. I've gained 25 of those since high school, and I'm not too happy about it. I hate clothes shopping, because I'm shaped weird... I have lots of boob, more than a smidgen of gut, and no hips. No ass. (I can fit my butt cheeks in my hands, but not my boobs? I went out with a skinny scenester kid whose butt was bigger than mine, and he only weighed about 10 pounds more than me and he was about 6 inches taller?)
    I try to eat better and work out more. I walk the dog and do some exercises here and there, though I think I'm going to start doing Pilates a few times a week to tone up kinda.

There was a brief moment in time when I was a size six. It lasted about a year, and it was beautiful. But after a lot of binging and a lot of sitting, I'm back up to a ten. Not fat, but not a size six. I think the thing that pisses me off most about it is that during my skinny year I bought a lot of really cute and, at times, kind of expensive clothes and now I can't fit into any of them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads