Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I'm a big nerd. I double majored in "Mathematics with Computer Science" and "Brain and Cogntivite Sciences." I'm currently (and for the rest of the forseeable future) working on a PhD in neuroscience.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by sallysunshine
    I am totally boring. I have an undergraduate degree in history, a masters in history, and I'm currently trying to finish my dissertation so I can get a PhD in, you guessed it, history.
    Wow, it's like we were separated at birth. I have a BA in American Studies, a master's in history, and would give an arm for someone else to write my dissertation so I could finish my PhD in history :)

I love seeing the history people! I have bachelor degrees in history and art history. I also have a masters in Museum Studies with a history focus. Currently I'm I'm dreaming of a Phd in history or going to law school. I have a wonderful museum job right now, so really I'm just longingly wishing I could go back to school. Ahh, maybe when my husband finishes that MBA...

I have a BA in History, although it was more by default than by choice. By the time I'd figured out that Politics was where it was at, I was already in second year and didn't have quite enough time left in my degree to cram in enough Politics units for a Politics major. I figure I'll go for another BA at some point in the future, just for fun, and do all the subjects I didn't get around to doing the first time around. And I am glad I studied History (it just isn't my great passion), and I took a lot of really great classes that had nothing to do with my major.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter what my undergrad degree was, because now I'm a fifth of the way through my Masters in Information Studies, plodding slowly towards librarianship.

I also have a Certificate 2 (I think - it's a long time since I looked at the paperwork) in something to do with conservation and landcare, because I did Green Corps a really long time ago, and I've taken a lot of classes at the WEA (which can be a bit hit and miss, but I learnt to crochet there, and I took a really great self-defence class).

I have an Associates (two year degree) in theatre, and then I went on to study both theatre and dance, but never quite finished my four year degree. (Getting pregnant sort of got in the way :-))

I'd like to go back and complete the degree - just to be able to say I did - but it really wouldn't make any difference in what I'm doing now.

B.S. in biology (with teaching certificate)
    M.A. in instructional leadership

right now i have no plans on becoming an administrator. just doing the teaching thing.

I have a BS in Biology & Women's Studies. Mostly science and women's health classes, but due to the magic of a liberal arts degree - a bit of ceramics and congolese dance and fun things like that thrown in.

I have a Masters of Public Health in "Social and Behavioral Sciences" and "Epidemiology and Biostatistics." Mostly this is trying to influence people's decisions about their health (e.g. quitting smoking) and seeing if your efforts are actually working.

And due to the wonderful world of adult and community education, I have studied ceramics and woodworking and all sorts of wonderul things. Fall enrollment starts soon - I'm thinking about a cooking class.

I have a BS in neuroscience and I minored in American Politics. I'm currently in the fourth year of a neuroscience PhD program, I hope to defend in two and a half years. My specific interests are mainly neuroanatomy and behavioral neuroendocrinology. But I don't actually know what I want to be when I grow up.

amygdala, i don't know what i want to be when i grow up either! i just know i don't want to work in a cubicle.

I started as an Art major; then after taking a bunch of English classes I thought maybe I should double major there; then I decided to flip it all over and combine the two and my senior year I changed my major to Theatre – however I did not want to be an actor so I worked with my advisor and created a Technical Theatre and Design BA (one of the cool things about small liberal arts schools). Now based on the major I created the college I went to has an official Technical Theatre and Design major available.
    In the end I have a BA in Technical Theatre and Design and Minors in Art and English – if I were so inclined I only have 2 classes in each to make them majors… but it is not really worth it to me.
    I think it might be fun to get a Masters in Library Science or Geography… or go to Law School… or get a degree in Engineering… or… or… or…

Q

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads