Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I'm an attorney. I have a J.D. and I studied Psychology in undergrad. I don't like practicing law anymore, so I'm trying to figure things out! I'm in my mid 20's and looking into a second career. :)

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by nyssa1231
    I'm an attorney. I have a J.D. and I studied Psychology in undergrad. I don't like practicing law anymore, so I'm trying to figure things out! I'm in my mid 20's and looking into a second career. :)
    There are lots of former lawyers in history!

I'm finishing my undergrad in Social Sciences (sounds generic, but I'm in one of the only undergrad programs in the country that requires senior level students to write a thesis). Then I'm off to grad school to eventually obtain my doctorate in Archaeology & Parks & Recreation Management (double major).

Quote Originally Posted by happydaisydoo
    I also have a masters in Museum Studies with a history focus.
    Ooh, where did you get your museum studies degree?

And congrats on the happy museum job. They're impressive to find. :)

I started out as a theater major but ended up with a BS in Communication Sciences & Disorders with a minor in theater.

I am finishing up a Master's in Secondary Ed with a concentration in Adult Learning & Development.

I work in IT at a university but hope to move into the realm of career counseling/academic advising after I finish my master's.

Artgeek - I studied at the University of Kansas. In their program you are required to take a series of core classes such as Collection Management, Preventative Conservation, Museum Education and Exhibits. The remainder of your course of study is determined by you. You choose a track, such as History, American Studies, or Natural History and work with an advisor to decide which classes are right for you. The program requires a 500 hour hands-on internship instead of a thesis and you must pass an oral exam at the conclusion of your studies. My current museum job grew out of my internship, so I was very lucky.

Where are you studying? I must say I'm impressed with Museum Communication. It is an area that most museums need help with. One will be very lucky to get you.

My backround is in biochemistry, molecular oncology, ethics, political science, and public policy.

I'm a mixed bag.

BA in broadcasting and mass communications
    +
    paralegal certificate = needed to eat, pay bills and didn't want to be in school anymore.

i take yoga classes, ceramics classes, and this winter will try my hand at jewelry making.

if i ever were to get a masters degree it would be in one of the following:

1. library science
    2. womens' studies
    3. art history
    4. history

I have to say, we are a very diverse and well-educated bunch.

I work in a library now and sometimes I kick myself for not getting an MLS, rather than having gone to grad school for history. I'd be done! I'd be eligible for jobs! I'd be getting paid! Oh well.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads