Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Deep root cleaning

doesn't that sound awful? i have to get this done at the dentist (haven't had my teeth professionally cleaned since high school and am now paying the price). has anyone had this done? i'm scared!! it is over four different appts... :-(

2. # ADS

that reminds me! i forgot to make my appt. today

shoot. i haven't gone to the dentist in years and i know i have a cavity cause me tooth hurts! was supposed to make the appt. today, but didn't.

never had the deep root clean. boy, does that sound scary. bring head-phones with you to your appts! listening to music makes it so less painful.

good luck!

Eeek. Good luck.

BTW, when I first saw the post title I figured it was about hair conditioners and the like.

A lot of places now offer sedation so that they can do those four appointment jobs all in one day. You go in early in the morning, leave in the afternoon, and you never know anything happened. Google for "sedation dentistry" in your area.

Sedation dentistry sounds like my kinda thing. I will ask tomorrow. And to all of you chicas, please go for regular check ups! I keep envisioning the most sadistic tools and chisels and stuff being shoved down my gums. No wonder people are scared of the dentist!
    *Deep breath*

I had to have "scaling" done last year because I hadn't been in a while - all it was was a really deep cleaning, under the gum line and then you have to wait for your gums to heal (two weeks) and you go back and have a regular cleaning. I didn't think it was any more painful than a regular cleaning, it just took longer.

i dont know what deep root cleaning is...it sounds less painful than like root canal or something (which ive actually heard arent that bad), because it is just cleaning...maybe they just use a water stream or something. anyway, my suggestion is DEFINITELY tell your dentist if you are scared/nervous. he might be able to give you some laughing gas, a topical anesthetic, or even novacaine.

It is awful.Your gums hurt,your teeth hurt,your jaw hurts.
    Just being honest.

I hadnt gone to the dentist since I was 16(now 23) and I am paying dearly.Root canals,crowns,loosing fundamental teeth because they cant be saved and bad breath that cant be covered sometimes.

If you saw me you'd never imagine.You can't tell from my smile.

Absaloutly worth the $250 sedation fee.They are pills you take 1 hour prior to your visit.No kneedles.Someone needs to take you and pick you up.You sleep a little and have somthing to eat and your ready to go.

That reminds me that I need to find a new denist since my new insurance won't cover my old denist and make some appointments. I haven't had my teeth cleaned in about 3 years.

I'm scared about your procedure, but yet I feel slightly better about not having been to the dentist in two years; I have an appointment next week and I'm already twisted up. I'm certain since I haven't been there in so long so they're going to look really hard to find something wrong with my teeth to bill me and make up for not getting payment from me every 6 months for cleanings. I know it sounds crazy, but that was one of several problems with my last dentist - he used to find small issues and then do a half-ass job of fixing them so then I'd have to go back and have a bigger issue taken care of.

I told my new dentist that I hate everything about being there for a cleaning, but that I really dislike the hygentists and how they are so rough, they talk down to as if I'm 6 years old and tell me in a sing-song way "this is dental floss. this is how you use it. I'm telling you because it doesn't look like you know how to use it! tee hee hee" argh!

-Andi who hates going to the dentist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads