Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hair cut + earrings=brand new you.

Silver hoops. I want some big, rock 'n rollin' silver hoops. Two pairs. The problem is, I'm not buying sweatshop goods anymore (or even taking chances) and trying not to consume new goods at all.

What's a socially and fashionably conscious woman to do?

Does anyone want to sell me a pair or two of plain, silver hoops? Or fake pearl earrings/necklace? Or hell, any other fun accessories you're sick of. I just cut my hair all cute and girly and started shaving and being a girl. Now I'm realizing I have no girl things to keep up this momentum.

Does anyone else feel the need to change their whole look on a dime occasionally? I hope I don't do it again soon because my bangs are really, really short ;)

2. # ADS

try searching for silver hoops at used clothing stores. since they're still in style, they might be difficult to find, but give it a try. if that doesn't work, maybe you could search for them in independently owned stores that AREN'T located in your local mall. downtown centres often have cute little boutiques run by cool people who need your business.

and, yes, i often want to change my style. right now i feel like a cross between a soccer mom and a hippy. i'd like to channel more of the hippy with a bit of katherine hepburn thrown in for good measure.

ah, fashion
    roxy

Hmm, I was going to say try looking at places that sell free trade goods - silver is from Mexico may times, look around for places that work with local groups to import items.

I don't know how much you have to spend. Here's a nice pair!
    http://www.uncommongoods.com/fam/fam...subCatId=10001

Or go through the Bust listings:
    http://www.bust.com/girlweb/She-Comm...lry/index.html

ETA: Also, check out the jewellery listings at Chateau Bizarre:
    http://www.chateaubizarre.com/

Me!
    I'm going to get my $7 beauty school haircut tomorrow.

Local artisan stores usually have a jewelry maker. I know you can get plain silver hoops at the stores around me for less than $15.

Oh, how timely. There seems to be something in the air.

I chopped off many inches of my hair 2 weeks ago to a very short boyish cut that I love. My hairdresser said 3 of her other clients with long hair had just had her do the same thing. Weird.

Man, for some reason, this thread makes me want to go get my ears pierced (I've tried piercing them multiple times; I blame the piercing gun and will never go back) and put on big earrings.

Quote Originally Posted by CraftinFool
    Oh, how timely. There seems to be something in the air.

I chopped off many inches of my hair 2 weeks ago to a very short boyish cut that I love. My hairdresser said 3 of her other clients with long hair had just had her do the same thing. Weird.
    How interesting. For the last 3 weeks or so I've been seriously thinking of chopping off all my hair... I have dreads down to my waist almost, so it would be quite a change! Now if only I could find a hairstyle that I'm willing to commit to....

I have wavy, bra-length hair. The last time my hair was this long, I got a notion to cut it off in the middle of the night with kindergarten scissors. It must be something about this length, because I've been dying to do something with it again.

I ended up cutting bettie page-ish bangs and I LOVE it. My partner won't leave me alone. "God, you're hot..."

Sigh, I know...

Just kidding, of course. Thanks for all the advice, ya'll.

And soapandwater--screw the gun! Go to a piercer who uses a needle. It's like night and day, I swear.

I just chopped my hair off last week too! I had been growing it out, cuz I have never had it longer than my shoulders, but then I got annoyed with it and got it cut. I love it, and usually the more drastic a hairstyle change, the more I enjoy it.

Dez

the lady that pierced my ears pierced them with actual studs, then just closed them off or whatev.

yay for new haircuts! my friend just chopped 5 inches off of my hair two days ago because it was midnight and we were bored, and i love it, even if it's a bit (really) uneven haha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads