Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ready Made magazine

I am thinking about subscribing..is it consistently good...worth the money? I am increasing disenchanted with the magazines out there..but I was thinking of getting this one. thanks

2. # ADS

my fondness for the magazine has diminished with time, and tends to have a adverse correlation with the number of advertisements they have.

I like readymade, but it really depends on the issue. Like this one, I wasn't so interested in. But most of them are pretty alright.

I used to love Ready Made but found it making much more desgin-y and much less crafty, and the projects went from cute and cheap to crazy over-the-top elaborate and expensive.

I'm keeping my eyes out for this one:
    http://craftzine.com/magazine/

coming out in October.

Not renewing my Readymade sub. Nope. Not loving it, anymore. Thrill is gone; affair is over. Hammer table killed it.

Far less crafty and far more playground for professional urban designers..with budgets to match. I don't live in a loft. Mid Century is cool, but not conducive to my lifestyle. (Labs fall through sectionals and clear kidney shaped tables with tails.) I have messy, costly, and, acording to Readymade editorial staff, annoying children. The current issue features "affordable storage solutions!" with a $3K credenza. And a poorly designed one at that.

Too bad because as a Crafty Gen X married to a Profesional Techie Boomer, their advertisers are courting my dollars. Despite not buying the credenza.

I, too, am looking forward to the new Craft zine, but am leery of the sub price for unseen mag. Like the Crafty blog, though.

I went to subscribe to that new crafty magazine and almost fell out of my chair due to the price. I don't know, I don't really want to drop $40+ on a magazine I'm not even sure I'm going to like.

I got readymade when they gave it to Etsyians for a deal. I'm not a huge fan, but I didn't blow $40 to figure that out. Do they have readymade at the library? Maybe check it out there or ask your library if they could carry it?

$40 for Craft? I didn't know it was so much. But if it's anything like Make then each issue will be almost a book unto itself.

I still love ReadyMade, I have to say. It may not be the be-all end-all of magazines, but it sure beats most of the crap out there.

And I do dream of the day that I can buy the blueprints for that little shelter thingee (if you read ReadyMade then you know what I'm talking about) and put that in the back yard for my own little craft studio. But, oh yeah, first I need a yard.

I love ReadyMade, but then again, I've always read it from the design/ideas perspective. I'm glued to the new issue b/c its their yearly "small space solutions". Given our living situation, I'm always interested in new ideas.

Over the past, say, 5 years, the only issue(s) I've been unhappy with was/are the one(s) about kids. Since we don't have any, they've been kind of irrelevant.

Yeah, but when I bought my first issue of RM almost two years ago, most of the issue had to do with small space solutions. And it was way, way cooler than this one (I bought it, and was sad).

Does anyone else feel like it's getting smaller with each issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Lainie
    Does anyone else feel like it's getting smaller with each issue?
    yes...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads