Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How much did you spend today?

I've been spending money like it's going out of style! :(

Well... I had to buy new tires ($340 there) and pay my rent ($300) plus some bills (another $50ish)... all in the past week. Plus, food, a new all-in-one printer (desperately needed), toilet paper, shampoo, soap, a new shaver... (It's amazing that I needed to buy all of these things at once. I wonder how I managed that!)

Yikes! Growing up sucks! lol.

2. # ADS

My husband and I started writing down everything we spent at the beginning of September, and though we have admittedly slacked off writing EVERYTHING, it is amazing how this exercise makes you so much more cognisant of what you spend. You think twice before stopping for coffeee or lunch when you know you have the same thing at home just around the corner.

We found that our biggest outflow of cash is on eating out. So, we have been eating all meals at home (except for an occasional meal out on the weekends) And even though eating in isn't always the most fun, it feels good to know you are saving $$.

I will check back in later to see if I had a 'spend nothing day'.

i am terrible.

if you have been following my blogging/posts, you will know that i have been unemployed for about one month now, and have been working part time at my LYS.

i started about 2 weeks ago, and i get a 25% discount on any item in the store, and of course, ever since i started, i have bought something EVERY TIME I WORK.

the worst part: on my way to work i repeat the mantra "i will not buy anything today"

today i spent 29.14 on yarn
    i spent .31 cents on a copy of a picture.
    i spent 2.64 on french fries from friday's
    i spent 2 dollars at kinko's for photcopies
    i spent 1.36 at walmart for shampoo
    and last, but not least, 22.50 on gas

tomorrow i am not spending a penny, same for saturday and sunday.

jeez.

Today was a planned expense day. I used an expense reimbursement check. Cashed it at the bank. Somehow, I'm much, much more mindful with cash.:)

$36 at local snooty high end needlework shop for supplies for a Christmas gift and Antique Sampler and Needlework mag.

Used a coupon for BOGOF Indian lunch. My lunch was free, as my friend paid for her's. I left the tip. $6.

Gave my son $8 to attend a school harvest festival/dance. Tickets $2, but had to pay to purchase tickets for games/basketball/food. Came home with change.

Roasting a turkey for sandwiches, etc. for the weekend. Baking cookies. Maybe make an applesauce bread?

Carving pumpkins, tomorrow. Roasting seeds. College Town has the Halloween Party of the Region, tomorrow night. May take kids downtown to watch the show from our friends' theater lobby. 25K-30K revellers.

Working on pressies already have supplies for...

Quote Originally Posted by msfish
    after you factor in the manhattan "$20 for walking out your door" tax
    i second that!

i spent $2.20 on coffee (they just opened a dunkin donuts a block from my office. i grew up in boston. can you blame me?)
    $6 and change on lunch
    $18 at the grocery store, on kitty food, apple pie ingredients and soap for the boy so he stops using my kiehl's!

that's it...but the good news is i walked like a billion blocks to and from work! saved the $4 daily commuting money!

Quote Originally Posted by erinina

that's it...but the good news is i walked like a billion blocks to and from work! saved the $4 daily commuting money!
    I'm surprised you don't have an unlimited... do you normally walk everywhere? (being a Nosey Nancy)

actually i usually do have an unlimited (i still feel thrifty not taking the subway everywhere!), but i am due to buy one and i figured since its the weekend and i often don't take the subway one of the two days or both, i'll just wait till monday to get a new card.

and no, you are not a nosey nancy...i walk everywhere!

Most of the time i spend it

It's almost $30 every day for the grocery

About 500$ as far as I remember You see I am a sport better and plan to get the money back with a profit of course. I prefer sport betting. It is much more secure. On https://777score.in/ you can enter your own bid/ask, at the price you pick, and if a counterparty bet matches up with your bid/ask, you effectively pay no vig and you get the price you asked for. This platform works pretty well for me
    Last edited by poliq; 12-20-2018 at 04:34 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads